Longevity freeze at Gemini?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LeonPhelps

Gang, I got the word from fogrunner that in fact the posting on airlinepilotcentral.com is true regarding Gemini...they have frozen the longevity of pilots in their current year of service.

Any Gemini bubbas have any idea how long this will last? Is it being fought? Chances of it being rescinded? Any background info would be great...thanks!!

yes, the longevity freeze is true. However, the freeze starts at year 2. I talked to a new-hire there and he says according to mgmt the freeze will be done away with "soon" and should not affect him by the time he gets to year 3 pay....

Maybe some current Gemini dirvers could shed more light on the pay issues. I understand the company is flush with money due to their parent company. Does anyone know why the freeze was put there in the first place?

yes, the longevity freeze is true. However, the freeze starts at year 2. I talked to a new-hire there and he says according to mgmt the freeze will be done away with "soon" and should not affect him by the time he gets to year 3 pay....

I sure wish that was the case. We shall see.

Maybe some current Gemini dirvers could shed more light on the pay issues. I understand the company is flush with money due to their parent company. Does anyone know why the freeze was put there in the first place?

Gemini is doing very well. With all our long term contracts and AMC flying we are very profitable.
The pay freeze came into being back in 02. It was a way for the company to control costs.

The freeze was established in July 2002 after 9/11. The ALPA contract was 1 year old as of Sept 1,2005. After 18 months we can table 2 idems one of witch will be longevity pay.

I talked to a new-hire there and he says according to mgmt the freeze will be done away with "soon" and should not affect him by the time he gets to year 3 pay....

What else would mgt tell newhires?

The only other thing I remember is that he mentioned them getting rid of the dc-10/md-11 in favor of a new airframe. I guess the company was shopping at Boeing and Airbus recently? He said the mx cost are high and parts availability were tough. Thats about all i remeber him saying as he was asking for the jumpseat.

cargoflyr69 said:
The only other thing I remember is that he mentioned them getting rid of the dc-10/md-11 in favor of a new airframe.

We have been told that the DC10 will start to go away in 08. I don't see the MD11 going away anytime soon. There really is not a good replacement for the 11. It fits well with a lot of our customers who do not need the lift of a 747.
We could buy 4 or 5 MD11s for the price of 1 777. Having said that the company has been looking at the triple 7 and A330 as additional airframes.

The CEO recently said that Gemini is going to stay with the MD11s and not seek any 74s. He said that he felt that the ACMI sector was getting saturated with 74s and if there is a slow down in the economy it is easier to fill an MD11 than a 74.

Latest resources

Back