• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Longest part 91 duty day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We limit Part 91 to 16 hours of duty or less. 16-24 hours if crew (both) get 6 hours of rest (hotel) at some point during the duty period or a crew swap occurs.

"part 91" + "duty day" = oxymoron :cool:

...but seriously, 12 hours is our limit and we've only busted that once, by half-hour ;)

Last edited:
Max flight time was about 11 hours with a hair under 14 of duty...3 legs. I was ready to climb out of the aluminum coffin known as a CJ by the time I was done, but felt just fine.

14-16hr duty days weren't uncommon for us a few years back, but they were generally proceeded and followed by at least two days off.

Planned longer than that, we mitigate with dayrooms.

I think my longest day was close to 17hr, due to weather & mechanical delays...felt fine but definitely not something I'd want to do very often. Again, we had a number of days off following this day.

Personally, I'd rather do a 16 hour day with the day off afterward than consecutive short overnights...

I have had a few 18 hour days. Not something we do often but it actually was not as bad as it sounds (but don't tell the boss that).

20 hours? Started the day in Dallas, flew to STS, to APC, back to Dallas, and returned to Concord, CA.

On arrival back in Concord I was told to just be happy that I had a job.

4600mi and about 13.5 hrs flying? All in a C560

Last edited:
^^^ that ain't a job... unless of course you are salary making over 250 K ;)

Last edited:
0500 show 0600 go fly 4.5 hrs send FO to hotel to rest . Jump in suv drive 1.5 hrs for a 3.5 hr meeting drive back to airport 1.5 hrs catch a 1hr cat nap pick up FO grab some dinner load up pax fly 3.5 home and back for mid night.

CE 560 Depart SDL- FAR. FAR-LNS. wait for car auction. LNS-FAR. chief asks if he can go home, no prob FAR-SDL. routine

Latest resources

Back