longest furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WyoHerkdriver

I am four years into what will likely be at least a ten year furlough and I can't help but wonder what the longest furlough on record is. I seem to recall hearing something about some of the Pan Am guys being furloughed in excess of ten years, but I am not positive. I was just curious if anyone knew what the longest furlough on record is. Some of us furloughed AA guys may eventually end up breaking that record (assuming we even get recalled).

I am out of the airline business now, but it would be nice to at least have the option of eventually returning. I would rather fly at AA than do the 9-5 thing that I am now doing. It will indeed be interesting to see just how long the AA furloughs will last.

It would be interesting to get a % on how many actually go back, versus those who have had it with the airline industry and found another life in corporate America or as entrepreneurs, etc

"9 to 5" ain't all that bad if you ask me, especially if it comes with all/most weekends and holidays off....

no, not something to complain about

I haven't flown an airplane since furlough, if I get the call to go to compass I guess I would be a captain who hasn't flown an airplane in five years. I wonder if it's worth going back knowing I'll probably just barely pass training and possibly put people in a bad situation. I wonder if the public knows that.

Latest resources

Back