Long Trip

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyboyzz1

[FONT=&quot]Might have the chance to fly a C-150 from LA area to IL. Any one make this kind of trip in a small airplane. What is a good root to keep out of the highest peaks? This should be fun. [/FONT]

The best "route" in a 150 would be east thru the Banning Pass, unless there is a Santa Ana Condition happening.

Get an Air Atlas, its cheaper in the long run.

damn thats long. i once went from rvs to ama in a fitty-duece and i thought that was long. not to mention i had to get back the same way

Bit of a hijack, Flight Of passage is a cool book written by one of two brothers who rebuilt a cub and flew it from NJ to Cal, and back when they were teenagers.

Crimson03 said:
Bit of a hijack, Flight Of passage is a cool book written by one of two brothers who rebuilt a cub and flew it from NJ to Cal, and back when they were teenagers.

yeah I read that when I was a young lad

flyboyzz1 said:
[FONT=&quot]Might have the chance to fly a C-150 from LA area to IL. Any one make this kind of trip in a small airplane. What is a good root to keep out of the highest peaks? This should be fun. [/FONT]

I-10 to ELP, US54 to ICT, I-35 to MKC, Direct...

Not sure about California, but the highest highway elevation in New Mexico should be about 5000' west of Deming, and perhaps 5500' or so near Corona. It's all downhill from there... ;)

Latest resources

Back