Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Long Range Fleet Plans at FLOPS - No Hawker 800XP?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

So, I am laying over in the Southeast and hanging out at a boring FBO and I read an article related to Flight Options and the various fleet options for customers... As I read the article now, it states:

"Due to long-term fleet planning, the Hawker is not available for purchase as a fractional ownership interest, but will be available for jet card customers for at least two more years."

Interesting given that the Hawker 800XP fits between the Phenom 300 and the Citation X in terms of performance, payload - right?

So, given that anything can happen in terms of fleet changes (looking into the crystal ball), what's the likely fleet composition looking like in a few years - focus on the Phenom 300, Citation X and Legacy on the fractional side? And then the revamped Beechjet (new engines and PL21), Hawker 800XP and all others on the jet card side? Are Beechjet fractional shares still being sold? How much longer will the Beechjet likely be used on the fractional side before being phased out completely (or transitioned to the jet card side)?

Last unrelated question: do you guys at FLOPS do much Hawaii and Europe flying on the Citation X and Legacy?

Last edited:
Thought I also read that the revamped Beechjet would be transferred over to the Jet Card program. So, the fractional side will probably focus more on the newer jets - Phenom, X and Legacy would be my guess...

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I bet NJA disposes of all Hawkers as well. The 400 is in disposal, all Honeywell 800s are gone, and I won't be suprised if the XPC and 900XP go away. They are well built jets, but let's face it. There is much better tecnology available today.

In addition, the fractional market includes a lot more families at this point. Luggage space makes it a huge challenge when a CE680 customer needs a recovery. Even in the X, I cringe when I see we are flying CE680 customers.

It appears all fractionals are getting smart and finding nitch aircraft without having to field 14 different airframes. I've seen the EMB 300 and it has a fantastic ramp presence for an "entry level" jet, and the performance numbers are very impressive. I can see us narrowed down to 7 or 8 types in our near future, and FLOPS appears to be doing the same thing. It appears the OEMs are finally willing to build to suit as well. We shall see.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I bet NJA disposes of all Hawkers as well. The 400 is in disposal, all Honeywell 800s are gone, and I won't be suprised if the XPC and 900XP go away. They are well built jets, but let's face it. There is much better tecnology available today.

In addition, the fractional market includes a lot more families at this point. Luggage space makes it a huge challenge when a CE680 customer needs a recovery. Even in the X, I cringe when I see we are flying CE680 customers.

It appears all fractionals are getting smart and finding nitch aircraft without having to field 14 different airframes. I've seen the EMB 300 and it has a fantastic ramp presence for an "entry level" jet, and the performance numbers are very impressive. I can see us narrowed down to 7 or 8 types in our near future, and FLOPS appears to be doing the same thing. It appears the OEMs are finally willing to build to suit as well. We shall see.

Just an add-on to your thread, I just saw an ad for 21 Citation Ultras for sale in this month's B&CA magazine - they look like (and obviously are) Netjets birds. Clearly consolidating fleet types at both Flight Options and Netjets seems to make sense considering the newer types that are being developed. I would love to see the new Embraer 450/500 at Netjets one day - if the CL300 isn't selected as the G200 replacement... A Netjets pilot I met the other day referred to the G200 as the "G too ugly." LOL :laugh::p

Last edited:
Just an add-on to your thread, I just saw an ad for 21 Citation Ultras for sale in this month's B&CA magazine - they look like (and obviously are) Netjets birds. Clearly consolidating fleet types at both Flight Options and Netjets seems to make sense considering the newer types that are being developed. I would love to see the new Embraer 450/500 at Netjets one day - if the CL300 isn't selected as the G200 replacement... A Netjets pilot I met the other day referred to the G200 as the "G too ugly." LOL :laugh::p

They're most likely former NJA planes that are now owned by the Embrear Leasing portion of the company. Those were taken over sometime in the beginning of the year I believe. If you do the FAA N number search on those it'll give you the name of the owning company and the date they were officially transferred. (most in 1st qtr. 2011) They were part of the Phenom deal.

The Ultra's, 800's, & 400's all were/are planned disposals with the decision being made to dispose of them back when Dumb A$$ took over in August '09. The fact that they are being disposed of should not be to suprising to anyone.... The fact that there are no replacements planned for another year or more is the alarming part.

When we were furloughed one of our "sorry for your situation" correspondance mentioned the loss of 120 a/c over the course of the next few years. I believe replacements may be determined by demand alone....

Latest resources

Back