long job related separations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilot'sfiance

For those who've had jobs that have taken you away from your spouse for long periods of time, for at least four months or more, what has your wife done to handle the long separation and what do they do to handle their fears and worries if your mission is dangerous? Any suggestions?

Of, course there are numerous suggestions. First, determine your relationship is worth the work. Realize that when we grow up, we continue growing and that everyone has a responsibility. "Separation anxioity" (sp) can be dealt with and can be helpful.

The first thing is to map your priorities: what makes you comfortable? We all must work for a living, so maybe a phone is a priority. If you are separated from someone, make sure you have a phone or a way of contacting someone often. If you fly international on a regular basis, the phone is a great way of checking in, and saying "I'm here" I'm Ok"

This is a great start!

Make really sure that your relationship is strong enough to handle it. Don't think it's just a little rough. It gets to be REALLY rough, especially on the person staying behind.

If one of you "blames" the other one for being gone for so long, even if the blame isn't spoken off out loud. It's going to end up in disaster sooner or later.

Not enough people think this through well enough and think it will be an adventure. It isn't!

LOLOLOL. . .

tracearabians-

It requires batteries. I know this only because my wife does "those" parties.

What the hell is a rabbit?

O.K, I have been married for 5 years and I do not know what a Rabbit is? Please help
Thanks

Latest resources

Back