Long-eze construction... experience?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SIG600

Just wondering if anyone out there has hands on experience with Long-eze's. Building, repairing, owning, etc. There seem to be a lot of plans out there, does anyone make kits for it? Anyone know the level of difficulty in constructing a new one?

No one makes a kit for it. Aircraft Spruce still sells the materials package. They also sell Burt's video that shows you the basic building skills. If you want an airplane project to have fun building then build one, if you want an airplane buy one. You can get nice long-ezes for $25-$45K depending on the engine and avionics. If the airplane has some time on it then the composite parts are probably OK, but I'd look hard at the metal parts like the engine mount, wing and canard attach points, landing gear attach points, etc. Make sure it has the secondary catch on the canopy to keep it from opening if the primary latch is not properly secured. If the canopy opens in flight it's usually fatal.

Scott

I was building a Long Eze at one time. I had it sitting on the gear and other things took priority then I sold it.
There is a couple, man and wife, just northeast of Memphis, Robert and Valerie, can't remember their last name but they have been involved with Long Eze, Vari Eze and such for a long long time. Their advice to me was to buy an unfinished project, not only because you save money but your chances of completion increase also. This is good advice. If you serious about building a Long Eze, look these folks up they always know where the unfinished projects are and can put you in touch.

Latest resources

Back