London City

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hugh Johnson

Boss wants to use it in an N reg A/C. Anyone ever approached the FAA about it? We've got F900EX and F900B. I know that the AFM says not applicable to N reg aircraft, just wondered if anyone tried and could point me in the right direction for an official no. Thanks in advance.

Boss wants to use it in an N reg A/C. Anyone ever approached the FAA about it? We've got F900EX and F900B. I know that the AFM says not applicable to N reg aircraft, just wondered if anyone tried and could point me in the right direction for an official no. Thanks in advance.

AIN had an article about this topic not too long ago. (within the last few issues). I think I remember the jist of it being it ain't happenin in an "N" numbered aircraft...

Hey Hugh,
Your airplanes N#'s don't happen to end in Q, do they???

Yeah, wouldn't want a bunch of wild Yanks disturbing the serenity of downtown London... :rolleyes:

Probably still hacked that our dads nailed a bunch of English lasses during the Big War. ;) TC

The 900ex and b are certainly approved types but LCY operates on an individual a/c basis. I have never seen an N registered a/c but many European operators (including Netjets' Portugese registered) are approved.

You might want to think of the real benefits, if any, for you. The airport is expensive and really not that much more convenient than EGGW, EGKB or EGWU, where parking + landing fees are much cheaper. In addition, range abilities from LCY are limited. If I were you, tell your boss the cost issues and the hassle and see if he doesn't see the light (I know common sense doesn't always work with the higher ups). Remember, this is even if N registered are allowed! Pilots need steep approach certification too.

If you still want to give it a go the contact details are:
telephone: +44 (0)20 7646 0241, fax: +44 (0)20 7511 0248, e-mail: [email protected]

Good Luck.

Last edited:
All good points. Falcon just came out with a service advisory on how to get approved and it fired the boss up again. I go through this about every six months, usually after he gets stuck in traffic going into the city from Luton.

All good points. Falcon just came out with a service advisory on how to get approved and it fired the boss up again. I go through this about every six months, usually after he gets stuck in traffic going into the city from Luton.

What about a helicopter to Battersea?

Latest resources

Back