Logging time on UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

geeitup

I've prided myself with not sweating the minutia in the many apps I've filled out, but I'm making an exception here.
For those who have done the online UPS app, how do you interpret,
UPS considers Instructor/Evaluator time as PIC time. List the PIC and Instructor/Evaluator time separately in the appropriate columns.

The first sentence leads you to believe include IP/EP in PIC; but the second sentence leads you to think break it out. Don't want to cheat myself out of a couple thousand hours. I'm thinking break out IP/EP from PIC

other time

What are you doing about "relief" time. I didn't have trouble splitting out the IP time, but I think they want you to remove all other time from your PIC. Is that how you interpreted that? The other thing I am worried about is I have the mins if they allow the 0.3 per sortie, which they allow per the job posting, but on the app it specifically disallows you modifying it. My app currently shows not enough PIC. Ironically it is at 998! I fly to Germany today - I'll have the mins by Sunday.

Don't know about the relief time, since I don't have any, but there must be a precedent out there. I left off the .3, since like you said, it specifically said to leave it off. You could just add in a conservative value for your trip to Germany, just on the outside chance they close the app window, then go back in and correct it upon your return. They might do a calculation for the .3 since they ask your total number of sorties.

I left out all of my "other" time. Yes, it's a painful thing to do, but if I happen to get an interview, I can avoid a carpet dance. Geeitup, I think you're right when you say they might do their own calculation since they ask for your total sorties. If I recall, they USED to allow a conversion under the old app system - maybe now they just do it themselves.

I used "other" time only after I was certed as an AC. I believe you can use it since you signed for the jet on the long hauls across the ocean.

I used "other" time only after I was certed as an AC. I believe you can use it since you signed for the jet on the long hauls across the ocean.

Kermit - I tossed around about this but in the end I think they are specifically removing other time from PIC. Anyways.

How did you fly the 38?

Latest resources

Back