• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logging Time: Each leg?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i log by day, using the first flight number of the day as the ident. i preffer using the flight number vs ship number incase there is a pay/other issue later.

If you still have access to records that show the aircraft number, I'd get them and put them in. What you're logging right now does not meet the logbook requirements of FAR 61.51:

(a) Training time and aeronautical experience. Each person must document and record the following time in a manner acceptable to the Administrator:
(1) Training and aeronautical experience used to meet the requirements for a certificate, rating, or flight review of this part.
(2) The aeronautical experience required for meeting the recent flight experience requirements of this part.
(b) Logbook entries. For the purposes of meeting the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section, each person must enter the following information for each flight or lesson logged:
(1) General --
(i) Date.
(ii) Total flight time or lesson time.
(iii) Location where the aircraft departed and arrived, or for lessons in a flight simulator or flight training device, the location where the lesson occurred.
(iv) Type and identification of aircraft, flight simulator, or flight training device, as appropriate.

So if you plan on using anything in that logbook to document experience for another certificate or rating, or even to demonstrate that you're current, it needs to include the aircraft identifier. I'd save the flight number for the remarks section.

I used to do it by day or a/c swap. But now that we swap every two legs of our eight leg days, I just do it by day with the first a/c of the day.

Latest resources

Back