Logging PIC on CHECKRIDE???ANYONE

MooneyPilot

Total Time
Hi, I was wondering who is PIC on a checkride. When I was doing my multi-commercial initial the checkride pilot logged it not as PIC for me. Is this correct, please discuss,,I though FAA examiners are not PIC on a checkride. I have 2.3 hours I want to log as pic for the checkride,,is this ok??

SinglePliot135

Total Time
Yes, you are PIC, the examiner usually covers that. They do not usually fill out the logbook correctly, at least in my experience.

blueraider

right rudder
Total Time
N/A
Yes you are the PIC and you can log that as PIC. SP135 is right

nosehair

Total Time
24/7
FAR 61.47(b)"An examiner is not the pilot in command of the aircraft during the practical test unless he agrees to act in that capacity."

...and most examiner's never agree to act as PIC. Mainly because of liability. Since it is cutomary to not act as PIC, an examiner should be very specific if he is going to do that. And, no examiner that I know of logs for the student. Most won't even sign the logbook unless asked. It's not dual. Was it entered as dual?

JetSpeed219

Total Time
I have never had an examiner fill out anything in my log book, are they supposed to?

NYCPilot

Incorporated.
Total Time
All of my flight tests, after successfully being completed, have been signed by the examiner attesting to my abilities and the issuance of the new certificate/rating. As for the PIC, they always filled that column in for me.

The applicant on a checkride is usually the PIC unless otherwise arranged beforehand by the examiner. I'd say to log that PIC for yourself.

blueraider

right rudder
Total Time
N/A
all of my examiners from PVT to well today I just passed my II and all have simply put (what ever your going for) Practical Test Passed signed and dated

MooneyPilot

Total Time
Yes he logged it as dual? So should I add it to my PIC time, it was like 2 years ago??Its way back there

ClassG

Total Time
1.5K+
Having given a "non-faa" (airline/part 135) checkride, anyone know if the check airman logs it as pic?

nosehair

Total Time
24/7
JetSpeed219 said:
I have never had an examiner fill out anything in my log book, are they supposed to?
No. It is your responsibility (option) to log it, as PIC. Get it? PIC?
(hint) being PIC doesn't just mean "in charge of the airplane", but also aaaalll of the operations surrounding and asscociated with it, including the logging, or paperwork.

The examiner is an FAA appointed "observer" for the purpose of verifying your pilot knowledge and skills according to current government regulations. His paper resposibility is to write a temporary certificate or a notice of disapproval and other asscociated government forms.

The ones that do make a logbook entry, or signature, are being traditional with you, but it is not a requirement.