Logging of Level C or D Simulator Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good points. Here's what I read in the regs:

FAR 61.51 (b) Logbook Entries. For the purposes of meeting the requirements of paragrpah (a) of this section, each person must enter the following information for each flight or lesson logged:

(3) (iii) Simulated instrument conditions in flight, a flight simulator, or a flight training device.

I presume this counts for 121, 135, and 141 training, no? If it does then I have over 300 hours on instrument time and only applied with 276. I screwed myself.

How did it feel? I hope you took yourself out to dinner first.

Reapply with the updated times and a cover letter.

Good luck,

I've learned a lot since I started this thread about two years ago. (Nice to see it's still generating discussion.) It has been made abundantly clear to me by many sources at a major airline that time in a level C or D sim can NOT be added to your total time, but only under sim time as far as they are concerned when looking at your application. However, if you have some experience in such an advanced sim with quality instruction, by all means include it in a seperate category and they'll take it for what it's worth. It's just not worth risking looking like you're trying to sneak something by them, (and that's how it would look if you're close to their minimum hourly requirements), because as we all know that's the surest way to get sh!!t-canned before you get two steps past the chick at the front desk.

Airlines that anal will ask for the time to be seperated on the application. They wil incude a very detailed flight time summary page and it will have specific instructions for entries. There will be a few catagories that will require some basic math to come up with the correct answere and quite frankly will roll your eyes back with the riduculousness of it all. I stand by my earlier statements, log it. The airline interviewers don't make the law just the rules for their respective interviews. Those rules will be made abundantly clear when you fill out there apps.

Latest resources

Back