• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logbooks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After I hit the 5000 hour mark I started logging it monthly. Per FAR's you only need to be specific with regard to acft type and x-country time if you are going for an additional certificate requiring the time noted in detail.

Let's face it, how many LGA, EWR, SFO and ORD flights can you list before the interviewer gets the point? I log monthly and it's never been commented on by anyone during an interview nor has it resulted in a NO. Just make sure that whatever you do it adds up. I use PIC + SIC + student time (pre-private) as my Total.

I think Logbook Pro is nice and I might switch as the second Jepp book is almost full.

Mike

DrewBlows said:
I don't know if this is you or someone else, but an emb-145xl is not a complex aircraft as it has no adjustable pitch propellor. So in this case it is a complete logbook, but not correct (not that anyone gives a rat's ass about complex time).

I knew someone was going to bring that up.

Yeah I know, unless you count compressor variable geometry as an adjustable pitch propellor (and no one does). I'm probably just going to delete that entire column, as it doesn't exist in my paper logbook anyway, and like you said, no one gives a rats @ss.

Ive always wondered about my book. I do the one day one line thing. My question, I round all the times to the half hour. For isntance 1:14 block would be 1 hour 1:26 would be 1.5 I think either, like most have said an interviewer wont give a sh!t, or think Im trying to pad my times. Thoughts?

RCA said:
Ive always wondered about my book. I do the one day one line thing. My question, I round all the times to the half hour. For isntance 1:14 block would be 1 hour 1:26 would be 1.5 I think either, like most have said an interviewer wont give a sh!t, or think Im trying to pad my times. Thoughts?

It should even out over time, but it probably looks a little funny. I think it might pique the interest of a saavy interviewer, but I don't know if they would care. Why do you do this anyway?

PA44Jockey said:
Are most of you logging hobbs times or OUT and IN times?

I have had a hard time finding the hobbs meter. I'll keep lookin' though. ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back