Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Misc Notes:
You can do some customizing of the reports, but it is limited. You can change the heights of the columns, to help get more or less lines per page
From the LBPro website:
“Columns cannot be removed, hidden, resized, or reordered”.
“An alternate method of printing allowing complete capturing of user-defined customizations, including fonts, custom columns, colors, and column order and widths is to print directly from the spreadsheet system.”
Note: It does NOT say you can delete or hide columns with this “alternate method”.

When I tried to make the report the first time, I clicked on “Reports”, “Flight Log”, Jeppesen Style”, “Jeppesen Style Flight Log” I got a report that looked fantastic. But, when the Kinko's guy looked at the .pdf exported file, it listed the paper size as “21.46 x 8.5”. I think this is a special size they use when you send it to LBPro to be printed out. At any rate, it won't do for standard 11” x 8.5” paper.

With the 25 entries per page (top and bottom margins changed to 0.5” each) my log was 96 pages long. I use the one date (as many legs as you have on that date/airplane) per line entry in my logbook, vs. the one entry per LEG, which would've taken god knows how many pages.

Summary:
My log book pages look great, and I think the binder will, too. It's a million times better looking than my old paper logbook (but not as good looking as my CEO ;-).

It cost me about $20-25 at Kinko's for the 100 pages of logbook, the extra pages, and the 2+ hours of time it took the Kinko's guy and myself (mostly him) to coax a printable copy of my log out of my LBPro software. Now, if I have to add pages on, or I want to reprint my whole logbook, it'll be easy.

It's just like learning to hover. After about 8 hours or so, you suddenly get it, and you wondered why it seemed so hard on your last flight.

Good luck to you!

Cliff
YIP

Good info, but if you want to spend a little more, at about half the cost of LogbookPro's binders, check out http://logbooksolutions.com/photo-gallery.html

Logbook Solutions sells full size leather logbook binders in landscape format, uses US letter paper. No rings used so it looks like a normal logbook when opened. Green paper too.

Hope this helps!

Latest resources

Back