Logbook Software

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LUVStruck

Anybody have any suggestions on logbook software?

I currently use FlightLevel 2000. It works fine, but doesn't do everything I'd like. I was wondering if anybody has used Logbook Pro by NCSoftware.

Thanks.

I have used Logbook Pro for the past Year. Before that I used many other computerized logbooks, but none of them could "Filter" the times that I needed. If you plan on getting hired by a major airline you will need a good filter for your logbook. What I mean by a filter is that lets say that the airline you want to work for wants to know how much PIC you have but they dont count Dual or Instruction Given. With a good filter you are able to get just the time that you want. (Clear as Mud?) Anyways I have been using logbook pro for awhile and it has definatly worked for me.

I've been using LBPro as well. I'm very happy and any of my problems were quickly addressed with a good support venue.

_Unpaid endorsement

Also looking...

Along the same lines...is there any software that you can use on your palm pilot that would link/sync up to you computer logbook? I have been using airlinelogbook.com on my palm pilot, and it works pretty good, but it just spits out a report of your time on the computer. I'm looking for something that I could enter either on the computer at home or on my palm pilot, sync them up together so the info is available on both. Any suggestions? Thanks

I'm interested in Logbook Pro, but have two main concerns about the software.

1) Anyone know when Logbook Pro will be coming out with a Windows CE version to use on your Cassio Cassiopia or other similar PDA? ie. not Palm.

2) The Standard Edition says "you are licensed to install the program on one computer and can create a logbook for one pilot." If you buy the Standard Edition and load it onto your desktop computer, and then buy a new desktop a year later, will you be allowed to install Logbook Pro on your new computer? Or would you have to buy another copy? I guess what i'm asking is if the program is coded to only allow the program to be downloaded to a computer one time? Or does "licensed to install" mean that legally you are not permitted to download the program onto several different computers and they trust you to obey their disclaimer? What about if you buy the Professional Edition and download the program onto your desktop and laptop, but a year later buy a new laptop? It would be rediculous to have to buy new software everytime you upgraded your computer!

Also, does anyone using Logbook Pro also use an MGOent logbook? Can you print pages from Logbook Pro to insert right into your logbook? How do you like this?

Thanks guys/gals!

I emailed NC Software awhile back and they said they had software for windows based PDAs in the works. That was over a year ago and to date I have seen no PDA software. However, they were quick to respond to my email. Try them at:

[email protected] or [email protected]

You should get a response within a couple of days. Let us know what you find out.

P.S. FlightLevel 2000 has a Windows CE version.

LUVStruck, thanks for the advice. I also e-mailed them sometime last month and recieved an e-mail from Neal Culiner, the President of NC Software Inc. He said that they didn't have anything to release publicly at the time. I was hoping that maybe someone else had heard something on the progress of a Windows CE/Pocket PC version. If Logbook Pro could only meet these two concerns of mine, they would have the perfect e-log software program IMO, and I would buy in an instant! Until then.... Flight Level 2000/2002 is looking better and better.

Fellow aviators,

A friend informed me of this discussion, which I try to stay out of, but I'll add some useful information that is soon to be announced.

To comfort you on my words, both the PALM and Pocket PC (WinCE 3.0 and later) are being developed now. They have been in development and are coming to a close. They are expected to enter beta testing in the next 1-2 months, hoping towards the "1" side.

I will be sending out an announcement soon unveiling the pricing and "expected" availability. I can tell you that you will not be happier than my pricing plan I have in the works, but I cannot mention this publicly in this writing.

If you want to receive the announcements, feel free to join our Logbook Pro mailing list, which we only send information and newsletters concerning Logbook Pro, i.e. no spam and no harassment, only information that benefits you and Logbook Pro. To join, send an e-mail (blank will suffice) to [email protected] and you will be automatically joined. OR, go to http://www.logbookpro.com and click the Subscribe link where you can manage your subscriptions at any time.

I hope this helps and I certainly appreciate the kudos mentioned in this forum. Logbook Pro 1.7 will be coming out soon which will contain Palm and Pocket PC support as one other very interesting feature developed as an add-on from another company that we will announce to the Logbook Pro community.

Happy and Safe Flying all!!!

Neal Culiner
President, NC Software, Inc.

ILLINI,

I just bought a new laptop (Dude, I did get a Dell) and re-installed LogBook Pro on it. I just kept that ridiculously long pass code to install it. The only problem I had was that that I could only save about 4 years of flight times and bring that info over to my laptop. I did it on a floppy disk, but I am sure I could have saved it onto a CD, but I am still unsure of saving info on a CD.

Thanks Simon! That takes care of one of my concerns, and according to Mr. Culiner, a Pocket PC version is to be released pretty soon. Now the only thing holding me back is my lack of desire to sit at a computer for hours at a time to enter almost 1,900 hours worth of flight time.:(

Latest resources

Back