Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

paid4training

Missing my family
Does anyone use this program and is it worth the money to put it on a Palm pilot or PDA? Yes I realize I don't have 1000 hrs to ask this question but I was wondering...:cool: :D

I have been using Logobook Pro for a few months now and like it. There are a lot of features I don't use, but the one feature that I love is the Analyzer. It is extremely handy when crunching numbers for updating online applications on a regular basis. I still need to learn how to proficiently use some of the other features but I'm sure they are quite useful.

I have also used the PDA companion. Just to be perfectly clear, the PDA companion IS NOT Logbook Pro for the PDA. It is an extension of Logbook Pro that lets you enter your times into your PDA away from home and when you sync your PDA the numbers transfer to Logbook Pro. It also lets you enter other items such as currency as well as look at some basic statistics of your past flying. You cannot access your flight log from the PDA Companion though.

Logbook Pro has a free trial where you can enter in up to 50 flights. If/when you are ready to buy it you simply order a key and it unlocks the program for more entries. I suggest you give it a shot and play around with it for a few weeks to see if you like it.

I remember when I was filling out applications a couple of years ago. What a pain it was to filter out your different flight times etc. It also seemed like all the airline applications were different. I could of really used an electronic logbook. Right now, I do not have the motivation to input all my flight time into an electronic logbook, but I would strongly rec'd you start one. (I like the idea of being able to print your pages and then signing them. I don't know if that is available.)

Good luck

It does your 8710 for you! That makes it worthwhile. I don't use the Palm Pilot end of the program as it cost extra / I see no need to but it could be useful if you're on the road a lot... I guess it just depends on if it's worth it to you!

I've had Logbook Pro and the Airline Pilot's Daily Aviation Logbook PDA program (different software company) for about a year and a half. Not sure if this is the combo you're talking about. I love the setup. I wouldn't know what to do without it now.

The APDL sincs up to Logbook Pro very nicely and once you have it setup correcty you litterally have a paperless logbook which is easy to access and easy to use.

The PDA program has many features that I don't even use but I still think it's worth the investment. I'm able to import all my trips for a given month to my PDA with about 3 clicks of the mouse per trip. Takes about 5 minutes and the whole month's schedule, with each individual leg is loaded and ready to go. You enter the actual times as you go and then come home, hot sync your PDA to your computer and the PDA software automatically loads all of your recorded flight time into Logbook Pro automatically. Couldn't be more simple. You just have to go into Logbook Pro and edit any remarks in the remarks column that you want and that's it.

Just back up Logbook Pro on a portable media format every couple of months and you are all set.

If you're just starting out in this industry I'd reccomend investing in one of these setups, you won't regret it.

I have been using Logbook Pro since 1998 and have seen it go through many changes and it is now bar far the most powerful and simple solution out there. I use it with my Pocket PC and sync up after each trip and it also prints impressive hard copies too.

I even sat down for several days and entered in all my old logs to it (5000+ hours) when I got it and now have all the data I need. I still don't use all the features (I have the top version) but I use it to keep track what I am supposed to get paid as to what I actually did get paid. That has covered the cost many fold.

I've use Logbook Pro for years now. Anyone stop keeping a paper logbook and go completly electronic. Right now Im backing everything up on CD and also on a server, so I feel ok about loosing everything in a computer crash.

How do the airlines feel about Log-book pro in their interviews?
How do you show them your logbook if it's all Electronic?

I don't use Logbook pro, However I use Flightlog by Jeppesen and every interview I have been on they liked the electronic logbook and never gave me any duff.
the only reason I have not changed to logbook Pro is you can only put the program on one or two computers and thats it. I change computers on a regular basis and I was told once you install it that's it.
Please tell me if I am wrong though!
Flightlog does not run on XP

Not really sure about the multiple computers bit... (although I would guess that it's a license issue & as long as you are removing the program from previous computers there shouldn't be any problem-- mind you, I haven't tested the theory!!)

However, I've been using logbook Pro on my computer with XP and have had no problems.

Getting my paper logs backfilled in when I bought the program was a pain, but it's definitely worth the investment!!

Latest resources

Back