Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beergut

It's 17:00 Somewhere
I just found out to use the schedule importer from logbook pro you now have to subscribe ($75.00 annual, $120 for 2 years) after many years of free use now we have to pay. I feel like it should have been included when I bought the expensive software but they say otherwise. It's like buying a car and using it for multple years and then the a/c quits and the builder says you have to subscribe to continue using the a/c. This sucks!

I predict that 80% of the people that use the importer will not subscribe. That leaves 20% of the users paying X dollars to use it, and that is X dollars that NC Software will pick up that they didn't before.

By charging for the importer NC Software is diminishing the value of Logbook Pro. It is a marketplace calculation. If someone comes up with a product that does the same thing (in other words, a competitor) at the same price, I bet the importer becomes free again.

The importer is a 'perk' that can be charged for or comped, depending on changes in the marketplace. Nothing new here. If you don't like the product or the terms of use, go to a different product.

Last edited:
I have used LP since 06 and it is sad they chose to use the schedule importer as a revenue stream. Once I found out they were doing that last month I updated and printed my logbook and will no longer be using the software.

Back in 2007 before they had an Importer. I emailed them with a copy of a crewtime report asking them to create some software that would Import reports directly into the logbook software without the use of a pda, which was the only way to import schedule times then. I later received a response that basically blew me off saying it was passed on to the tech guy but wasn't possible. I guess they later found a way to make it possible…

He's probably doing it because nobody is buying APDL anymore. Back in 2005 when Palm Treo's were the cat's meow, he probably had more revenue every month. Now, Palm is pretty much the lamest smartphone out there.

Pretty much stopped using LB Pro because of BS like that. I don't recommend it to anyone anymore.

I'll use excel or paper logbooks.

Is that the importer I use to bring my times into the program instead of entering them manually?

If so, which update made that change.

Freaking windows 95 still allows you to print, use the mouse, type, use the keypad, etc. What the hell is wrong with logbook pro.

I'll just load manually. Not a big deal to me. Gives me something to do on those long flights anyway. Never going back to paper logbooks. They suck, especially when it comes to filling out airline apps style job applications.

I don't mind paying, just not $75 a year. That is a lot of money. Seems like everyone wants a cut of my monthly paycheck nowadays. I'd pay $20/year MAX. I will no longer recommend this software.

This guy also screwed the pooch by ignoring Android. If he wants revenue, get on the Android bandwagon and charge a reasonable price for the schedule importer.

Disgusted.

Amen to all of ya... I have logbook pro but lost the codes. I'd like to move it to my new (2 year old) desktop but I can't without forking over $15 to "find" my code... I refuse to do it just on concept and keep a 7 year old desktop running for the sole purpose of my logbook... as soon as an Android logbook worthy of switching comes out, I'm transferring. If it's logbook Pro, then I'll keep looking/waiting. Done with Logbook pro...

Trying IntelliPilot for Android now... not sure if it's decent yet

Latest resources

Back