• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logbook pro vs. Traditional logbook

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have an interview coming up and was wondering which would be better. My original logbook went through on of my ex-wifes tirades and did not come out too well. I managed to save the endorsement pages but everything else was very, how would you say...unprofessional!!!

Thanks is advance....

Go for it. I took my old logbooks and my electronic one to a recent interview. Took my Part 135 records (photocopies) separately, even though they are in my Logbook Pro. Go the job.

Shaheen

i have a question.

I've heard some airlines ask you to bring every logbook you have when you interview. (Meaning not only your "big brown professional green-paged logbook", but also the little red ones we carry on the plane with us every month.)
Are you guys actually converting your logbooks over to computer format, saving only your endorsements, then just getting rid of the original logbooks?

I'd like to do that, except I don't want to be sitting in an interview one day and have them frown on me because the only thing I have as proof of my time is an electronic logbook.

Also, I fly with a guy who has one of those pda combo cellphones. He has a pda program that lets him enter his flight time in his pda during flight, then sinc it to his main computer at home (think he uses logbook pro or something).

I converted all my hours over to Logbook Pro over a year ago. I've interviewed at FDX, SWA, and UPS. I brought my originals to all three(including the little red books). None had an issue with the electronic print out but in case they did I was prepared.

Trust me, you don't get bonus points in interviews for having logbooks in your own handwritting. Once you have your ATP, 5000 hrs and a type rating or two its all just showing off.

Nope, .333 batting average and my new domicile is the home of the Louisville Slugger.

I finally joined the 21st Century and got Logbook Pro.

Point of Order: Have people been adding all the "Remarks," too, ie CFI names, Safety Pilot names, High Perf training, etc. I am just curious and hate to type any more than necessary.

Thanks.

Latest resources

Back