Logbook pro question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

135fr8r

I have logbook pro on a laptop, but I'm wanting it on my new one. I do not have the cd since I downloaded it from the site a couple years back. Is there anyway at all to get the program, and all of my flight times into the new computer? I'm also wanting to buy the PDA companion. Any help is appreciated.

If you still have your key (please tell me you wrote it down somewhere!), all you have to do is download LBP again, then activate it with your key. To move your flight times, it's easy.
You have probably been backing up your logbook onto a disk or a flash drive. If not, next time you exit LBP and it asks you if you want to back up your logbook, say yes and specify your flash drive, floppy disk, or CD burner.
Now, take your flash drive (or whatever) and insert that into your new laptop.
Open LBP
Select FILE (at the top)
go to ARCHIVE
then to RESTORE

It will ask you to select the file (select it from your flash drive/cd/floppy disk)
Then it will ask you where to save your file...go to your C drive (or your main harddrive), select PROGRAM FILES, find LOGBOOK PRO, Then click save. I believe it will save it as "Logbook 1." You are then good to go.

It may seem complicated from this message but it's really not. I do it several times a week as I have the program on my laptop and my desktop and I keep them both current. I use my 1 Gig Flash Drive to keep a backup saved on and that is what I use to transfer the current info from one machine to the other. Any question, PM me and I will walk through it with you next time I do it.

As for the PDA software, I have no experience with that, sorry.

Why don't you go to the Logbook Pro forum website and get assistance from Neal? You paid enough money for the program, go get some customer service from the source.

English said:
Why don't you go to the Logbook Pro forum website and get assistance from Neal? You paid enough money for the program, go get some customer service from the source.

Neal's a good guy - he'll help you with anything and will respond quickly. Logbook Pro has served me well and I think it's the most bang for your buck. There's still some more expensive programs out there.

Latest resources

Back