Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logbook pro printing... What did you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whatever you do don't buy their paper or logbook, when it doesn't work they the nerve to say it's not their fault as they can't ensure "every printer" will print properly, nor will they give you a refund when it doesn't work.

Just print on regular paper, cut and punch holes to fit.

When I first got LBP, I bought one of their binders with paper. I found the paper to be very expensive, and the binder to be too small for the amount of time I had. They have since started selling larger binders, but their paper is still very expensive.

With a little creativity, I was able to print a nicer logbook for a fraction of the cost. I purchased a PDF printer driver several years ago that I use often for other things, but it worked great for printing my logbook. They have layouts in LBP that allow you to use 8 1/2 x 11 paper in landscape form. I made a custom field logbook using this format, "printed" it to a PDF on a data-stick, and took it to Kinko's. They laser printed it and punched the holes on the paper of my choice for about $10-15 if I remember correctly. I bought a landscape binder from an art supply store online for about $20. It is aluminum, and actually looks a lot like the A/C logbook on the NWA DC-9's. My interviewers were very impressed with my logbook, and it was relatively inexpensive. Be sure that when setting up the program, you put a file with your signature in the installed folder, and it will put your signature on each page for you.

There are other programs, but the one I use is here:
http://www.pdfonline.com/easypdf/index.htm

I have not found a program that it doesn't work with. If you can print from the program, you can have a PDF. I use it quite often for record keeping.

I second the Kinko's method. Took a flash drive in with the PDF files, they printed it out on a green paper that matched to Jepp color, cut the pages down to size put a thick plastic cover on it and bound it for between 20-30 bucks. Simple, cheap and didn't take long at all.

Go to a friends condo with a nice double sided printer and use their printer than go to Kinko's for binding.

I second the Kinko's method. Took a flash drive in with the PDF files, they printed it out on a green paper that matched to Jepp color, cut the pages down to size put a thick plastic cover on it and bound it for between 20-30 bucks. Simple, cheap and didn't take long at all.

This.

I had them use a nice thick high quality white paper though. Tight spiral bound with black plastic cover on both sides. Was complimented on it during the interview.

Those of you who have printed, were you able to print "double" sided? I'm trying to figure how to piece it together so it resembles the Jepp style logbook.

Those of you who have printed, were you able to print "double" sided? I'm trying to figure how to piece it together so it resembles the Jepp style logbook.

Sure. Just select "Right and Left Segmented Report." See previous posts for other details.

I found green paper , bought a post hole binder, and had the paper drilled to fit the binder. Then I outputted the files to PDF. I then printed out the stuff myself. It turned out really well and I can continue to add to the logbook myself.

After eating some more paste and running with my safety scissors, I'm
going to try this. Just bought a copy of the program and looking fwd to entering everything 'lectronically. Thanks for the tips, dudes!

Latest resources

Back