• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

highflying

I have been playing around with the logbook pro online demo and was thinking of getting it. If I buy it will I just down load it off of the internet or will they send me the software in the mail. I dont kow if I like the idea of just downloading it off of the internet. Also will I only be able to put one persons logbook on there or can I put more with out getting the deluxe verson for alot more?

Yes they will send you a cd with the actual program on it for a small fee ($5-$10) I think. You don't really need it though. When you download the program, you actually have the full version on your computer, you just need the unlock codes to use it. Every time they update the software, you get a free upgrade, so your disk soon becomes obsolete anyway when you download the latest version.

Also, the way you install the upgrades is simply to download them and then DELETE your current version before installing the most recent version. Somehow the program keeps all of your data (I'm obviously not a computer geek) and your registration key on file.

Be aware however, that if you want to use your palm or other handheld that it costs an additional fee to use it in conjunction with your software.

I use it everyday with my Palm and I love it! Hope this helps!

Coop

The Professional version (the one that costs 99.00) allows you to carry the program on two computers, such as a laptop and a desktop, and you can synchronize one of them with the information that is in the other one. I.E. out on trip, take laptop, put times in laptop, get home, synch LBP on the desktop and shazam the copy on your desktop now has all of the data you entered into your laptop.

The Enterprise version allows multiple people to keep logbooks on ONE computer. You would not be able to keep multiple copies of ONE logbook on many computers.

Hope that helps

I don't understand how the software would even know how many computers you have it installed on. Like you buy a new computer or you have multiple computers at home, how would it know that the software is installed on all 3 computers.. all you need is the unlock key..

then, is the database saved as 1 file that you can back up and take around to mulitple computers? where is all this data stored?

squale,

it knows..............................it knows...................

wwwhhhooooaaaaaaaaaa.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back