Logbook Pro for MAC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Launchpad

I know logbookpro is not compatible with MAC, but is anyone running this set up? Is there any other way to run logbook pro, other than Virtual PC? I'm ditching out on windows here shortly, and the LB pro is the only program that I need to keep.

Thanks-

I don't think they will ever come out with LBPro for Mac OS X, even if they should! :)

For me it was worth buying Virtual PC, LBPro is the only app I'm running on VPC. You probably can fetch a Copy of VPC on ebay. Version 6 is totally sufficient, Vers. 7 was only a rebranding after Microsoft bought Connectix, it's actually the slowest release out there.

I'm running VPC 6.1 with Win2K as GuestOS on a 1GHz G4 with 768MB no problems. Sure it's slow, but then again I'm using it only for LBPro.

Oh and don't even bother installing a printer inside VPC, just install a Print2PDF and print from Mac OS X, much easier and faster.

Plus every time you quit VPC, you'll get a nice reminder of why you switched to a Mac in the first place... ;)

Cheers,
Sun'n Fun

Launchpad said:
Great, thanks for the info.

Oh, and one more thing: I don't know if you want to buy a desktop G5 or a Laptop, like an iBook or a Powerbook with a G4 processor. If you want to buy a G5 you need VPC 7, because of the 64-Bit Processor. Vers. 6 won't run on a G5.

Man, that's awesome. I wonder how tough it would be to transfer all the data over. I did 5 thousand hours once, then my PC crashed and I lost all of it before saving. Then, I had to do it all again. This is one of the reasons that I'm switching!

Thanks for the advice. I'm actually headed to the Apple store in a little bit.

I don't use Logbook Pro, but I just upgraded VPC from v5 to v7 (both running WXP) to work with my G4 iBook and it screams relative to before. I just use it to run BidPro and my BMW diagnostic software - both run at near native speeds under my set up. I found a (new) upgrade to MS Office on eBay that came bundled with VPC 7 for about 100 bucks. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it came with a full version of WXP Pro. Now I can sell the old version.

This might save you money and get you an upgrade to MS Office, since the cheapest I could find the standalone version of VPC 7 on eBay was for way more than the MS Office upgrade.

Any updated info? I already have a copy of LBP/ADPL and I am in the market for a new laptop and considering a Mac. Any problems running LBP on Virtual PC software?

Cheers,
D

Latest resources

Back