Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logbook....must it be perfect for regionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You actually sound like you know anything about me. Considering I know several regional guys who would like 40k for 10 days of work, but that is only a retainer. If I fly more I get more, so I don't know what you are comparing it to. And I've only been doing this for a very short time... About 4 months so 50 hrs of PIC time in those months are valuable. I should have close to 100 hrs before year end. I know that's not a lot, Maverick but it means a lot to me. The owners treat me well and I do other no flying jobs and even got a nice commission on the purchase. I should clear 80k by years end.... Year 2 ASA???? Are you sure?

We sound very close in age sir, but I was instructing trying to get those hours ASA covets and then this happened. It sounds as if we could close the bar down with stories of the challenges getting to where we are. I don't know you at all but those guys who dump your lavs and loads bags work very hard for their living. You may want to help those guys out sometime or hand them a bottle water when it's 100 plus.... I bet they would have a few stories of their own!!!

Oh and to clarify.... 1600/190...50 hrs multi within the multi time!!!!

Listen, I've done a very wide variety of non-military flying..... I've done the CFI thing, the regional thing, the corporate thing, the fractional thing, the legacy thing, the night cargo piston thing and also the king air thing (for north of $100K I might add)..... At no time have I ever consider regional flying to be a waste of time or beneath anyone else.. It was a great experience (both regionals)... That tought me alot and I'm sure helped check a box that got me to where I'm at. Just because ASA may have a hard on about prior checkride failures don't piss on others cornflakes.... BTW, every interview I've ever done asks about failed checkrides.. So ASA is not the only one..

I was trying to be sarcastic... YIP usually brings up Zantop at one point or another, usually when bashing Unions
yea it is bashing when you tell the truth about unionized airlines going out of business or into BK. How come unions are lovers are never called company busters?

Listen, I've done a very wide variety of non-military flying..... I've done the CFI thing, the regional thing, the corporate thing, the fractional thing, the legacy thing, the night cargo piston thing and also the king air thing (for north of $100K I might add)..... At no time have I ever consider regional flying to be a waste of time or beneath anyone else.. It was a great experience (both regionals)... That tought me alot and I'm sure helped check a box that got me to where I'm at. Just because ASA may have a hard on about prior checkride failures don't piss on others cornflakes.... BTW, every interview I've ever done asks about failed checkrides.. So ASA is not the only one..

I went back and reread my post and I'm pretty sure I didn't piss on anyone's cornflakes!!! And way to go on the king air north of $100k thing, but getting all defendable or holly-than tho about my opinion about where the regional industry is and ASA is the way to go etc.... Not getting it!!! I guess u assumed because I was on a regional thread I was 20 something with little knowledge of life and its parts but I can assure u are WAY off!!
I loaded bags and emptied lav carts to pay for my training and that is the basis for paid4training!!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back