Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Logbook....must it be perfect for regionals?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The person who was interviewing him gave him such a hard time about his logbook that lead to a big argument to the point that the CA walked out of the interview.
It was well known that during the late '90's, XJT (Continental Express at the time) had a very short interview that involved the good cop/bad cop routine. One interviewer would play nice, but the other one would give the applicant a really hard time about some insignificant detail in their logbook, perhaps even outright accusing them of pencil-whipping the whole thing. The gouge going round said that many guys would get so angry at the supposed pettiness and assault on their ego that they would also storm out of the interview.

At the time, I agreed with those who called the whole interview process unprofessional, and I actually decided I didn't want to work at such a company, so I never applied to them.

The ironic thing is, since I've now been in the industry as long as I have, I now actually agree with the method! Just about any qualified applicant can be taught how to fly the way the company wants (or else they can be washed out of training easily enough). But it's the narcissistic A-hole super-egos that can never be gotten rid of that you really want to avoid hiring in the first place. And since everyone puts on their friendliest face at an interview, I can really understand how intentionally pushing buttons to see how people react to stress/idiots/provokers/etc. can reveal how they will respond to, frankly, everyday crap that they will see online.

Yea ASA will hire u with crap in your logbook but don't fail a check ride 10 years and 1200 hrs ago!!!! I have over 1500 tt with 140 multi and over 50 hrs king air f-90 time... I guess that's not good enough for them. Oh well I will just have to continue to make 2x what a 2 yr FO make flying ten days a month!!!!

Great attitude..I can see what they're missing out on...

Great attitude..I can see what they're missing out on...

So your in agreement with me then!!! Thanks buddy!!!

If you had a choice of working 10 days a month making 40k a year and 90% of those days are one day trips with a return back at home.... You would try to apply somewhere they may not want you? I can assure you I done many things to get to this point that ur average ERAU newbie grad would quit on.

I was making the point that in this industry, there are a lot of other options for pilots who aren't afraid to do what I've done. I know several Regional Pilots would laugh if they were expected to load bags or even empty a lav!!!!

But thanks SO much for the support though, it means a lot!!!!

So your in agreement with me then!!! Thanks buddy!!!

If you had a choice of working 10 days a month making 40k a year and 90% of those days are one day trips with a return back at home.... You would try to apply somewhere they may not want you? I can assure you I done many things to get to this point that ur average ERAU newbie grad would quit on.

I was making the point that in this industry, there are a lot of other options for pilots who aren't afraid to do what I've done. I know several Regional Pilots would laugh if they were expected to load bags or even empty a lav!!!!

But thanks SO much for the support though, it means a lot!!!!

Ummm, if you never applied why the attitude and how is it their loss? Honestly, if you never apply somewhere that MAY not want you you'll most likely never have another job, so I hope that one really does it for you.

Yea me too... But if not I will be on this site gripping again!!!!

Yea ASA will hire u with crap in your logbook but don't fail a check ride 10 years and 1200 hrs ago!!!! I have over 1500 tt with 140 multi and over 50 hrs king air f-90 time... I guess that's not good enough for them. Oh well I will just have to continue to make 2x what a 2 yr FO make flying ten days a month!!!!
You really think 1500TT/140 MEL and a whopping 50 hrs in a KA90 means something to ASA? I'll give it to you that first year you probably make around $15,000 more than a year 1 ASA FO. But at year 2 it is an even draw. Difference is, that ASA FO will be much more marketable and have solid 121 experience. When it comes to taking that next step, that ASA FO will have more experience and all things equal, have an easier time gaining an interview. (Unless you really know someone high up)

Nope, never applied. I was just told and then I lucked out flying corporate king air 10 days a month making $40k a year!!!

I'm not all that old, closer to 30 than 40.. But your age is quite obvious if you think $40K a year is hitting the big time. Christ my mortgage costs me almost $40K a year. Bottom line is don't dump on the decisions of people who decide to fly for a regional.
I think I'm better off right now anyway!!! Their loss as far I'm concerned!!!

If you had a choice of working 10 days a month making 40k a year and 90% of those days are one day trips with a return back at home.... You would try to apply somewhere they may not want you? I can assure you I done many things to get to this point that ur average ERAU newbie grad would quit on. I went to ERAU for a bit, and I can assure you I've been through more crap than you could imagine to get where I'm at. I'd bet you'd have quit first.

True there are different ways to accomplish the same things. And yes many would laugh at having to load bags or dump lavs. But you shouldn't consider that a badge of honor. It means your willing to "load bags, and dump lavs." I know a ton of rampers at airlines who make $30-40K to do the same thing.

Finally............... change your name. It gives you little to no respect.

Last edited:
You really think 1500TT/140 MEL and a whopping 50 hrs in a KA90 means something to ASA? I'll give it to you that first year you probably make around $15,000 more than a year 1 ASA FO. But at year 2 it is an even draw. Difference is, that ASA FO will be much more marketable and have solid 121 experience. When it comes to taking that next step, that ASA FO will have more experience and all things equal, have an easier time gaining an interview. (Unless you really know someone high up)

Finally............... change your name. It gives you little to no respect.
You actually sound like you know anything about me. Considering I know several regional guys who would like 40k for 10 days of work, but that is only a retainer. If I fly more I get more, so I don't know what you are comparing it to. And I've only been doing this for a very short time... About 4 months so 50 hrs of PIC time in those months are valuable. I should have close to 100 hrs before year end. I know that's not a lot, Maverick but it means a lot to me. The owners treat me well and I do other no flying jobs and even got a nice commission on the purchase. I should clear 80k by years end.... Year 2 ASA???? Are you sure?

We sound very close in age sir, but I was instructing trying to get those hours ASA covets and then this happened. It sounds as if we could close the bar down with stories of the challenges getting to where we are. I don't know you at all but those guys who dump your lavs and loads bags work very hard for their living. You may want to help those guys out sometime or hand them a bottle water when it's 100 plus.... I bet they would have a few stories of their own!!!

Oh and to clarify.... 1600/190...50 hrs multi within the multi time!!!!

And if this was another site.... Bent over would be a VERY popular name but on this site it comes across.... We I guess like it would on that other site!!!

My flightinfo handle if you will, was chosen to be what is it. As everyone who has a license paid for their training... Well, at least their parents or family did...

Latest resources

Back