Logbook Entries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

2ndGenPSA

A Southwest recruiter told me that she uses one line in her logbook for one month of flying. I use one line for a single trip, whether it's a 4-day, 3-day, whatever.
Any input from experience with interviews at the majors?

For the last 5 years I have done the logbook by the month. I do keep a company report that prints up at the end of the year through Flica so if someone actually wants to see my times by the leg I have the printout. In my interview at JB back in 04 nobody said anything about it.

I do one per day. NWA didn't question it. In the remarks I put all the legs I flew that day (DEN-LNK-DEN-BUR)

SWAPA gives us a calendar/logbook every year. I log each individual leg in mine. Most of the Captains I have flown with do the same.

I used to log one line per day (excluding aircraft swaps) but now with the change in the way Logbook Pro imports APDL info, I have to do one line per leg otherwise it doesn't record the aircraft swaps.

i enter by day aswell. cities in the remarks. To be honest, I dont think it really matters. At the SWA interview, they want to see only the pages that have the "mile-stone" entries on them that satisfy SWA required minimums. They ask that you tab them for easy reference. As long as you have that in a book, that appears to be following some sort of logic, you'll be fine.

I've gone so far as to log one line in the master-log for the totals in one "little" daily logbook (maroon, black, or blue ones). I keep a running total in the little ones which has leg by leg details then transfer all the total times for night, instrument, etc. I keep them sequentially numbered and only go through one every year and a half or so..........much easier and not one interviewer has ever had anything negative to say about my method.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back