• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Log PIC?

Total Time
I know that when doing instrument training, you can log PIC so long as you are rated for the category and class of the plane you are flying. However, my CFI seems to think that "the airlines" will not be very happy with this type of PIC. He is the only one I can find who shares this view. Opinions?

viper548

Total Time
Under part 61 it counts as PIC. Some airlines ask for PIC part 1 only, which you would not be able to count that towards. When I was doing my instrument training, I logged it as PIC.

dhc8fo

Total Time
lots
This early in your training, and with as few PIC hours as it will be in the long run, I think you should log it as PIC and not worry about it. It is PIC for you. Whether it is the "type" of PIC some airline will want years down the road is such a remote issue that I woulsn't worry about it. Nowhere that I interviewed or have EVER worked cared one way or another about anything other than what that number was.