LodgeX for crew hotels?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

s.o.sJTB

Does your company use LodgeX to negotiate and arrange your crew overnight hotels? How are they? What quality of hotels and hotel perks do you end up with?

Does your company use LodgeX to negotiate and arrange your crew overnight hotels? How are they? What quality of hotels and hotel perks do you end up with?

My company does, but we have pretty good (relatively speaking) hotel language in our CBA about hotel quality.

There are times where they get a crap hole. One case is if you are not supposed to overnight somewhere say, for MX or WX and it's not a normal overnight for your company. Or if it is, the normal hotel is booked full. Depending on how your company works with LodgeX, it can go something like this;

You call scheduling, scheduling calls LodgeX. LodgeX figures out which hotel to get per the contract with YOUR specific airline. They then call scheduling, scheduling then calls you to tell you where you are staying. Oh yeah, hotel has no van, the hotel is 10-15 miles away, but LodgeX has arranged transportation and it's "on the way". This process is not a quick one.

To top it off, you are on an 8 hour overnight due to the circumstances, it's midnight, and you have to be back at 8 am.

We get free internet (at most), have to pay at a few. Usually don't get free breakfast unless it's standard (Hampton, La Quinta, etc)

Last edited:
You call scheduling, scheduling calls LodgeX. LodgeX figures out which hotel to get per the contract with YOUR specific airline. They then call scheduling, scheduling then calls you to tell you where you are staying. Oh yeah, hotel has no van, the hotel is 10-15 miles away, but LodgeX has arranged transportation and it's "on the way". This process is not a quick one.

To top it off, you are on an 8 hour overnight due to the circumstances, it's midnight, and you have to be back at 8 am.

Sounds to me as if your rest wouldn't begin until you got to the hotel, then. There's absolutely no reason for you to do anything else. Waiting for a hotel assignment at the airport is not "rest".

God forbid you're on some unscheduled overnight and you need to get additional rooms at the hotel. That piece alone could take hours. Two words....LOWEST BID

Sounds to me as if your rest wouldn't begin until you got to the hotel, then. There's absolutely no reason for you to do anything else. Waiting for a hotel assignment at the airport is not "rest".

I didn't say what I ACTUALLY did when it happened, just the way it panned out. But I did just that, told them my rest didn't begin TILL I got to the hotel that night.

God forbid you're on some unscheduled overnight and you need to get additional rooms at the hotel. That piece alone could take hours. Two words....LOWEST BID

Yep.

No biggie, didn't mean it in a bad way. LodgeX did the same to me a few weeks ago. We took an unscheduled crew somewhere with us, and they were to depart about 6 hours after we landed. I was on a RR overnight, so it didn't really matter to the rest of the crew. After an hour of phone tag with Scheduling, LodgeX, etc., I called the CP on duty and told him that we were going to XXX hotel and needed a guarantee that I would get 100% reimbursement within a week. I got it, and as I was calling Scheduling, they called me with accommodations to the same exact hotel. We didn't start rest until we arrived at the hotel. Ended up delaying the outbound flight by almost 2 hours in the morning because of unneeded BS.

Once a month LodgeX fails to make hotel reservations for us on a scheduled overnight. Anytime a hotel is needed (i.e. day room) that has not been previously arranged, it takes at least an hour an 4-5 phone calls to get a fax to the hotel.

Latest resources

Back