• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Loading Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We don't load or unload our planes or rig the nets, but we're paid to ensure that it all gets done correctly.

I did have to jump in the back today to re-secure the straps because the kid that did so did an unsatisfactory job of it.

So much for working for a freight company then. It seems to me that if you are out there working whether it be flying the plane or loading it, you are entitled to compensation. After all the company is deriving value from your labor, so why shouldn't you. IMHO

hoover said:
So much for working for a freight company then. It seems to me that if you are out there working whether it be flying the plane or loading it, you are entitled to compensation. After all the company is deriving value from your labor, so why shouldn't you. IMHO

I agree if you are flying or loading freight you should be paid for it. So if loading the aircraft in addition to flying, it is in your job description and you are being paid either by the day, flight or mile then you are being compensated for your work.

You should look at it as every load is the worst possible load it could be, then when you get an easy load say one box that weighs 5lbs you can look at it like you are getting paid extra for an easy load. We do pay our pilots extra if they have to drive the forklift though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back