Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kilroy

http://www.filecabi.net/v
We're thinking about getting a lear 60 any one have any idea we I can get performance info on range high altitude performance.

kilroy said:
We're thinking about getting a lear 60 any one have any idea we I can get performance info on range high altitude performance.
http://www.ogarajets.com/aircraft_for_sale/Bombardier_Lear_60/performance.htm

It climbs better than anything else I've flown, including the old 20 series Lears. The 'rub' is the cruise performance.
What the chart doesn't really show is the degree to which Mmo decreases with altitude.
Unlike the older Lears, the wing will buffet immediately as you reach Mmo. So expect a realistic cruise in the neighborhood of .78 at <410.

Last edited:
uncle is right on. I does climb better than anything, wingtips buz @.78-.80, fuel burn in excellent (1800#/1st HR) (1200# 2nd). Holds 7800# total fuel. Brakes and ref speed could be the weaknesses.

3 clicks and hold on... you wont be disappointed

sounds like a fun plane. My biggest concern is numbers for operating out of Aspen type flights. How about pax comments or complaints.

kilroy said:
sounds like a fun plane. .
Coming out of TEB, I climbed to 410 in 11minutes! (in the interest of partiality...no pax and ISA -5)
kilroy said:
My biggest concern is numbers for operating out of Aspen type flights. How about pax comments or complaints.
As far as high altitude operations, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for someone else to answer that.(you might want to try the FRACTIONALS board...bunch of FLEX guys over there..) My personal experience is limited to 2,500msl and my books are in a CONEX container, somewhere between Savannah and Kuwait City. :(

As far as passenger comfort. ..keep in mind that this is coming from a guy that has spent the majority of his time in 20 and 30 series Lears..... I would rate the cabin at about a 6-7. It's a stand-up airplane but in my opinion, it's still a little narrow. The LAV is a huge improvement over the older models (it actually has doors instead of curtains!) but I'm 6'1" and have to hunch over to use the thing.
The operation that I flew for also operated a 601 and the principles didn't seem to complain when they had to ride in the 60 ( if that's any consolation). As with just about any 'mid-size', cabinet space and storage is still a 'bit' of an issue. I suppose, if you haven't done it already, you really need to get in one and crawl around to get a real idea of what you're in for.

Latest resources

Back