Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LR25

Its just a vintage VW
What quality of life will you have making 75K @HPN with a family?

No bashing please, serious inquiries only.

Thanks

i work out of TEB and most people seem to drive quite a bit, i am guessing the average commute is 1 hour, probably same thing is happening there.

75K on one income with a wife and kids, unless you have a big nest egg it will be hard. Try looking out side of HPN and commut in.

A 1500 sf 3 bedroom house in WP will cost you a minimum of 500K. Taxes on it will be along the lines of $4000/year or better...and WP has the lowest taxes in the area. Rents...figure $1700/ month for a nice 2 bedroom. Things are much less costly if you move about an hour North and drive down or head up into Connecticut towards OXC.

What quality of life will you have making 75K @HPN with a family?

No bashing please, serious inquiries only.

Thanks

As someone who grew up in the HPN area, I would echo the above - move east or northeast to CT. Check out all of the towns within about a 1 hour drive from HPN such as Ridgefield and Stamford.

-Neal

A 1500 sf 3 bedroom house in WP will cost you a minimum of 500K. Taxes on it will be along the lines of $4000/year or better...and WP has the lowest taxes in the area. Rents...figure $1700/ month for a nice 2 bedroom. Things are much less costly if you move about an hour North and drive down or head up into Connecticut towards OXC.

Thanks for the quick replies, it certainly helped out.

I also checked realtor websites, and kind of started painting a picture.

What is an average salary bringing in at HPN? Corporate and charter?

Thanks again for the help guys.

Run to the light Jethro.......Run to the light. You don't really want to leave the SE do ya friend. I'll get info for you next week and call. Later!

Besides.......you hate cold weather!

Yeah, no doubt, and the cold weather would clash with my standard Florida winter uniform of sandles and shorts.

Latest resources

Back