LINEMEN wages

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

troyzohner

I have a question for any linemen or former linemen. How are the wages? Do you get payed decently? Enough to live on? As much a CFI? There is an opening at the local airport and any feedback would be appreciated.

troyzohner said:
I have a question for any linemen or former linemen. How are the wages? Do you get payed decently? Enough to live on? As much a CFI? There is an opening at the local airport and any feedback would be appreciated.

I would think it would vary by the city/airport/FBO.

Did you ask the FBO what they are paying? That would be a good place to start.

LAXSaabdude.

In Burlington, NC they paid anywhere from $6.50 to $9.00 per hour. Needless to say, you ain't gonna have much of a life if that's your only job. Even down here where housing is relatively cheap.

But then again ... that's probably what most regional FOs are making based on a 40-hour week. :rolleyes:

Minh

I worked the line at Vero Beach, while working as a flight instructor. great vehicle to meet corporate contacts. I actually made some friends and picked up 40+ hrs in a C90. Don't worry about the pay, with tips and potential career advancement--it will all work out in the end. my .02
GB

Im working line for a charter company out of Dupage Airport (Chicago) I was started at 9.50 for part time

That SUCKS!

I was a lineman in 1991 and was paid $9/hr *then*. That was at Orange Co. Airport.

Anyway, I can't believe the wages haven't improved.

Come to think of it, I still pump gas, and that sucks too.

I beleive league minimum for a rookie is $350,000, plus signing bonus and incentives. If your good enough to hold a roster spot for a few years veterens min salary is $750,000. Some pro bowl caliper linemen make several million dollars a year, plus indorcments. good luck.

"It must be football season"

Latest resources

Back