• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stratocoaster

Linear Air announced new pay rates:

CARAVAN
The entry pay scale for a Caravan FO has been increased 19% from $26,000 to $31,000.

After six months of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress that compensation will increase to $35,000. At the conclusion of one year of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress within the company that compensation will
increase to $39,000.

The current compensation for a new hire Caravan Captain is $35,000. The new compensation for a Caravan captain will be $37,500. After six months of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress that compensation will increase to $40,000. At
the conclusion of one year flying as a Captain in the Caravan that compensation will increase to $45,000. After 18 months of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress that compensation will increase to $50,000. After two years of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress as a Caravan Captain that compensation will increase to $52,000.
A 4% premium will be offered an IOE Captain.

ECLIPSE

The entry level pay scale for an Eclipse FO will be $31,000, the same as that for a Caravan FO. After six months of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress as an FO that compensation will increase to $35,000. At the conclusion of one year flying
as an FO in the Eclipse that compensation will increase to $39,000. After 18 months of
evaluated performance and satisfactory progress flying as an FO that compensation will increase to $43,000. After two years of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress as an Eclipse FO that compensation will increase to $47,000.

The entry level pay scale for an Eclipse Captain is now $50,000. After six months of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress as a rated Captain that compensation will increase to $55,000. At the conclusion of one year flying as a Captain in the Eclipse that compensation will increase to $60,000. After 18 months of evaluated
performance and satisfactory progress that compensation will increase to $62,5000.
After two years of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress as an Eclipse
Captain that compensation will increase to $65,000.

Linear Air announced new pay rates:

CARAVAN
The entry pay scale for a Caravan FO has been increased 19% from $26,000 to $31,000.

After six months of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress that compensation will increase to $35,000. At the conclusion of one year of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress within the company that compensation will
increase to $39,000.

The current compensation for a new hire Caravan Captain is $35,000. The new compensation for a Caravan captain will be $37,500. After six months of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress that compensation will increase to $40,000. At
the conclusion of one year flying as a Captain in the Caravan that compensation will increase to $45,000. After 18 months of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress that compensation will increase to $50,000. After two years of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress as a Caravan Captain that compensation will increase to $52,000.
A 4% premium will be offered an IOE Captain.

ECLIPSE

The entry level pay scale for an Eclipse FO will be $31,000, the same as that for a Caravan FO. After six months of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress as an FO that compensation will increase to $35,000. At the conclusion of one year flying
as an FO in the Eclipse that compensation will increase to $39,000. After 18 months of
evaluated performance and satisfactory progress flying as an FO that compensation will increase to $43,000. After two years of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress as an Eclipse FO that compensation will increase to $47,000.

The entry level pay scale for an Eclipse Captain is now $50,000. After six months of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress as a rated Captain that compensation will increase to $55,000. At the conclusion of one year flying as a Captain in the Eclipse that compensation will increase to $60,000. After 18 months of evaluated
performance and satisfactory progress that compensation will increase to $62,5000.
After two years of evaluated performance and satisfactory progress as an Eclipse
Captain that compensation will increase to $65,000.

None of that would have happen if all of us would have not left. But for those who are still there should give us thanks. ;-)

Enjoy your raise.

PS Still a good company to work for.

I hope this generates a good response. Too many good guys left for greener pastures, not like they're kicking themselves wanting to come back with this news. Its made my decision easier.

...easier to do what? leave or stay?

Knowing Frozen, I believe he will stay. PLUS he is getting a wii, what other job will let him stay at home for weeks at time, and still pay him to do nothing (Unless he goes to PR)?

I left because they dragged their feet when they promise a raise when I was there (waited about 11 months for the first raise and it was for 35K, the original pay for a Capt. in the van). They got angry when pilots spoke up. They had a stupid rule that the only way you got a raise was for going above and beyond. I was a HPN pilot and all of management was in BED at time felt out of the loop. Tolls were about $200 during the summer months. Too many promises; and too little results. That made my decision easy. But I see that they have change, after the big kick in the butt.

PR is fun, but its a lot more work than you EVER got to do down there mosquito. Flying international took some adjusting to, mostly to the dialect of the Dominican controllers and ground crews. I really gotta work on the spanish.

December was an exception for RONs, and not the rule. So far I'm much happier this month, and not because of the new pay scale. Seeing home nearly every night of the week, is amazing. I've thought about a 7/7 schedule. Pretty sure I wouldn't like it, at least not now.

And IIRC, 32k was the original caravan capt pay when I started. 35k came shortly after i started.

PR is fun, but its a lot more work than you EVER got to do down there mosquito. Flying international took some adjusting to, mostly to the dialect of the Dominican controllers and ground crews. I really gotta work on the spanish.

December was an exception for RONs, and not the rule. So far I'm much happier this month, and not because of the new pay scale. Seeing home nearly every night of the week, is amazing. I've thought about a 7/7 schedule. Pretty sure I wouldn't like it, at least not now.

And IIRC, 32k was the original caravan capt pay when I started. 35k came shortly after i started.

How many more Eclipses are expected this year? What has been the opinion of the pilots flying it? Fun/easy?

We're projected to have 7 EA500s by the end of 2008. So far the guys I've spoken with enjoy it. Biggest complaint is its a tight fit to get into the cockpit if you're not thin, but once you're in, its no prob. Kinda like a sports car. I don't remember much about the characteristics, but I keep thinking its fairly simple, and the sidestick has a higher roll force than expected.

Also, to correct the earlier posted pay bands, the Caravan F/O is no longer capped at $39,000. All F/O's have the opportunity to see the $47,000 salary. Upgrade pay will be at the initial date of hire for the new position, or the previously held position's pay. That will continue until the new pay band's level exceeds the previous pay band. For example, a 1 year Caravan F/O will keep the $39,000 rate when they upgrade to Caravan Capt until 6 months as Caravan Capt. when the pay increases to $40,000.

We're projected to have 7 EA500s by the end of 2008. So far the guys I've spoken with enjoy it. Biggest complaint is its a tight fit to get into the cockpit if you're not thin, but once you're in, its no prob. Kinda like a sports car. I don't remember much about the characteristics, but I keep thinking its fairly simple, and the sidestick has a higher roll force than expected.

Also, to correct the earlier posted pay bands, the Caravan F/O is no longer capped at $39,000. All F/O's have the opportunity to see the $47,000 salary. Upgrade pay will be at the initial date of hire for the new position, or the previously held position's pay. That will continue until the new pay band's level exceeds the previous pay band. For example, a 1 year Caravan F/O will keep the $39,000 rate when they upgrade to Caravan Capt until 6 months as Caravan Capt. when the pay increases to $40,000.

Can higher-time pilots get hired directly into the Eclipse as an FO? I ain't given up my job but I am just curious.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back