• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Typhoon1244

Member in Good Standing
I hope the AWACS community has a good scope clause! :D

(I guess the ERJ wasn't ugly enough by itself...)

That's not AWACS

That's a meat smoker on top. Those Brazilian pilots won't just eat anywhere!!:D

Typhoon, you on a weeklong layover or something? Nothing to do but go through pics and point out the cool ones? I can give you some websites with some pics that are really worth writing home (well maybe not home, but you know what I mean...) about.

LOL

Look at the nose numbers on the Sweedish AWACS. Does the Sweedish Air Force really have over 100,000 airplanes?TC

bart said:
Typhoon, you on a weeklong layover or something?
This is what happens when you have a DSL connection and can rustle something up on the computer whenever you pass by it. :D

People seem to like the pics, though...

By the way, Bart...

...noticed the change of avatar, and it reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask. Never really bothered to wonder about it until recently: why do they call it "Formula 1" racing, anyway? What does that mean?

(What can I say? I'm not a sports fan...)

Someone asked that question in Car & Driver just the other month. I don't remember all of the answer but here is what I know. Formula One has to do with the complicated rules under which they run. Everything is regulated down to the chassis specs, weights, engines, etc. there is a complicated "formula" to meet all the criteria under which they race. It might not technically be a formula but it seems like it. That's about all I know. Is there a formula 2, 3? beats me.

Latest resources

Back