Likely to happen?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Browntothebone

Copied from a thread on another message board.

"It also is a fact that traditonally there has been only one major airline berth for every 7-10 applicants...........and that was in GOOD hiring times. With future contraction/stagnation, 7-8 out of 10 current regional pilots will NEVER make a major carrier. When it comes to these two freight carriers whose hiring is very limited even when they do hire, the odds are better of getting a call from Jennifer Aniston for a date or a knock at the door from Publishers Clearinghouse with a $1,000,000 check.

Many of these pilots still dream the dream, but for most it's too painful to consider the likely probability they'll never see it. For most, if they choose to stay in this "profession", they'll have to be content with retiring on a 70-90 seat RJ. Some will come to terms with that but others will become emotional basket cases around their 40th birthday. I assume in about 6-8 years there will be Youtube footage of late 30's regional captains (and F/O's !) sobbing like schoolgirls in various airline bathrooms or unexaplainably attacking garbage cans or Starbucks baristas.

There's a wave of mental health issues soon to come at the regionals that may thin their ranks as complete and total mental crackups begin to accelerate.

A shame it will be."

"It also is a fact that traditonally there has been only one major airline berth for every 7-10 applicants...........and that was in GOOD hiring times. With future contraction/stagnation, 7-8 out of 10 current regional pilots will NEVER make a major carrier. When it comes to these two freight carriers whose hiring is very limited even when they do hire, the odds are better of getting a call from Jennifer Aniston for a date or a knock at the door from Publishers Clearinghouse with a $1,000,000 check.

Many of these pilots still dream the dream, but for most it's too painful to consider the likely probability they'll never see it. For most, if they choose to stay in this "profession", they'll have to be content with retiring on a 70-90 seat RJ. Some will come to terms with that but others will become emotional basket cases around their 40th birthday. I assume in about 6-8 years there will be Youtube footage of late 30's regional captains (and F/O's !) sobbing like schoolgirls in various airline bathrooms or unexaplainably attacking garbage cans or Starbucks baristas.

There's a wave of mental health issues soon to come at the regionals that may thin their ranks as complete and total mental crackups begin to accelerate.

A shame it will be."
Probably flame, but what the heck. Wrong again Brown Bone! Do a google search on mainline retirements from 2012-2018. There WILL be a shortage. There is NO debate on this issue. The numbers speak for themselves. Legacy carriers will be forced to reduce hiring minimums to fill the right seat. If they don't, they won't be able to crew airplanes. Simple as that. So for all you kiddy's who dream of flying the whale, the skies the limit. Follow your dreams, or sit in a cubicle for the next 40 years.
Peace out.

Or scope could be relaxed even more.

Haha.. Thats great! I agree. I am already going insane. At 40 I will be locked up in a mental institution if I dont find a new career. The regionals suck..

A shame it will be."

Some turds just float near the top-brown is just one of the nuttier ones...

The hiring boom is coming again, those who are flying professionally will get the first job offers.

I predict brown on the bone will get fired for violating the company don't as don't tell policy.

Probably flame, but what the heck. Wrong again Brown Bone! Do a google search on mainline retirements from 2012-2018. There WILL be a shortage. There is NO debate on this issue. The numbers speak for themselves. Legacy carriers will be forced to reduce hiring minimums to fill the right seat. If they don't, they won't be able to crew airplanes. Simple as that. So for all you kiddy's who dream of flying the whale, the skies the limit. Follow your dreams, or sit in a cubicle for the next 40 years.
Peace out.

Thank you.

Latest resources

Back