Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Likely American Eagle Fleet Reduction - Article With Another Crazy Boyd Prediction

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But high gas prices, with old ass DC-9's and MD-80's with those gas guzzling engines, high mx, and more expensive labor, is something that goes together ?

Really? The DC9s are fully owned and are being replaced by MD90s (purchased for $8 million each, a lot cheaper than a CR9 or E170) which have more seats, more fuel efficient engines, and lower CASM by far compared to any RJ.

Godspeed!

OYS

If you are so confident in the downfall of the RJ's/regionals why do you come on here and argue your case? If you were secure, you'd just let it happen. You will cave on scope. Its going to happen. No one stands up for anything anymore in this profession.

Really? The DC9s are fully owned and are being replaced by MD90s which have more seats, more fuel efficient engines, and lower CASM by far compared to any RJ.Godspeed!OYS

Oh, is that why DAL used RJs instead of these MDs you brag about for the LGA expansion PUTZ? Ha! You're clueless Jenny! Back to that bag of pork rinds on your luxurious layover PUTZ!

Oh, is that why DAL used RJs instead of these MDs you brag about for the LGA expansion PUTZ? Ha! You're clueless Jenny! Back to that bag of pork rinds on your luxurious layover PUTZ!

Your time in Hanoi has melted your pea brain. Most of the slots were originally Colgan Saab slots, not mainline slots, at LGA. There were some CHQ E145 slots too at USair that will transfer over to DL. They go to places like GSP and GSO, all previous RJ slots. DL traded US 44 RJ slots that were flown by Comair before their huge shrinkage, something you yourself know all about. In the meantime, we are all lucky that you fly so far away in Vietnam. Please stay there and enjoy your life with Dahni. I bet "it" is great for you.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

General Lee like many have said on here you are a piece of crap! I am currently facing furlough due to no fault of my own. I never went on strike and to be honest Comair's strike was a waste of time. Every other regional sold out Comair from what I have seen! Now Republic thinks their strike vote will make a difference. Think they were one of the first to sell out OH!!

I cannot understand why you continue to post on FI. Don't you have any thing better to do? Been a crappy 5 years to say the least at OH! Would be nice if you mainline guys would quit giving up scope. I am tired of flying RJ's and I cannot wait to see the plane go. I would rather see the mainlines take back the flying. I doubt that will ever happen.

Gojet seems to be the latest leach to join the market!!! So tired of this job!!!! I have a few good friend's at Delta that would rather see us absorbed into Delta then farm out all the flying. After all you own us last I checked.

Last edited:
This is a lot like listening to maggots arguing over who owns the turd and then blaming each other because it's runny.

To my knowledge Boyd hasn't been right about very much.

Actually he is a lot like a weatherman. Any idiot can tell you what the weather is today. It is the 5 day forecast that is his problem.

Latest resources

Back