Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lights at the end of seemingly LONG DARK TUNNELS!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TxPilot0878

Get Some!
I just wanted to share this. Last year when I went through another layoff (tough considering I gave it my all....as many of you guys have)...I thought things were bleak dark and hopeless.

The funny thing is this has been the greatest year of my life...with opportunities abundant and I have met some of the coolest people I know.

Point is there is always another dawn and greater opportunities on the horizon...mostly where you last expect them.

Although my story is no MARVEL I would love to hear of everyone elses "triumphs over tribulation!!!"

Sincere Regards,

Tex

Two lights? That might be the train bearing down on you... And the rest of us for that matter.

Yup, definitely a train. My punishment for remaining in this @$*%&ed up industry......

Yup, definitely a train. My punishment for remaining in this @$*%&ed up industry......

As the Lord is my Witness...no truer words have ever been spoken, friend.

Only problem now is I'm at the point of no return. I can't do anything else (other than f*ck up another marriage, but that's a WHOLE OTHER ISSUE).

I just wanted to share this. Last year when
The funny thing is this has been the greatest year of my life...with opportunities abundant and I have met some of the coolest people I know.

The only cool person I've met was the lady at the unemployment office that calls me every so often to cheer me up.

Point is there is always another dawn and greater opportunities on the horizon...mostly where you last expect them.

Least expect them...Least expect them...And When..2 years from now

Sincere Regards,
Pist Hoff

Tex
Thanks for the inspiration!!!

I kind of agree with the original poster. After getting laid off last year, going down the financial rabbit hole, selling a house for a loss, and struggling for everything, things are finally looking up; plus I got to reconnect with my kids and wife which in retrospect was worth the lay off.
Good luck and don't forget to sign up for night classes at your local law school.

Only problem now is I'm at the point of no return. I can't do anything else (other than f*ck up another marriage, but that's a WHOLE OTHER ISSUE).

We could write that book together brother. I would LOVE to find something else that takes me far way from it, but when your resume says all you are qualified to do is sit in the front of a tube in a confined space with a stranger, well.....you know the drill.

Well your griping is just a little biased (A WHOLE LOT) LOL...we do what we love and love what we do! I wouldn't change aviation if I could! Now I would change things about it and definitely add on income where possible....BUT THATS WHY WE ARE HERE FOR THE LOVE OF THE JOB!!!!!

I agree with NOLIFE...the home life has never been better nor the days off! I have re-established with my family and got a ton of "c*************************" housework done that was never provided with my schedule before.

I wish the best to everyone and all have different perspectives and I am cool with that! At this point in my life though I have a new philosophy "largest pay for the smallest equipment!' If I could fly a 152 for 6 figs and be home more than on the road......OH WAIT I JUST WOKE UP FROM THE DREAM!!!!(NOT PREACHING)

Latest resources

Back