Lightning strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Einstein said:
You Airtran people need to face reality here. Uppercrust is just asking why one of your aircraft were departing in a thunderstorm. Maybe he should have waited a while and let it pass further away from the area. Who knows and who cares. I don't. But, for the record, let's not forget that one of the greatest and funniest clips we watch in recurrent every year is from an ex Valuejet/Airtran ground instructor about the Critter who flew through a hail storm and got the living crap kicked out of him. The airplane was a mess and this idiot says, " I flew combat missions in Vietnam and nothing was as scary as this". What a tool. I hope this clown is not still flying for you guys. His interview breaks up the whole class into mass laughter. So do a few of your other misshaps.

I had no idea that they showed those in flight attendant training, but how else can you learn how to serve a coke when there's turbulence. Can you imagine einstein and the girls talking about how to serve coffee when the ride is bumpy. I bet you and the rest of the girls had a big "hoot" over it!

Bosley said:
I had no idea that they showed those in flight attendant training, but how else can you learn how to serve a coke when there's turbulence. Can you imagine einstein and the girls talking about how to serve coffee when the ride is bumpy. I bet you and the rest of the girls had a big "hoot" over it!

Your lame attempt to rile me is as funny as your physical threats in your P.M.'s. Get a life dilwad.

fletch717 said:
You know back in the old days we did'nt have radar, why all we had was two tin cans and some string. And a lucky rabbits foot. And we like it.

You lucky, lucky bastard!

Back in the old days, all we bloody had was a bit of tinfoil, a scared mouse and a bit of hemp. And we liked it.

We used to walk fifty miles uphill in 6 feet of snow, both ways in our stockings and they had holes in them, not just little holes mind you, they were big, and ghastly. We were poor, we were so poor we paid to go to work and we were the lucky ones! On sundays we got hot gravel to eat and we were happy!

So don't you come here laddie and tell us you had it hard, sounds like a bloody vacation to me!

Banned!!!!!!

Einstein said:
Your lame attempt to rile me is as funny as your physical threats in your P.M.'s. Get a life dilwad.

AAAAAH, I see YOUR lame threats through PM's got you banned. I'm sure you'll be back hiding behind another user (or in your case LOSER) name. Take it easy scumbag!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

Whine-stein gone???:beer: It just won't be the same without him. I'm sure there is another oxygen thief out there ready to take his place.

Uppercrust said:
I thought the article was straight forward about what happen. It said a lightning bolt hit the aircraft shortly after takeoff. To me this seems like Vr till probably 2000 AGL.

Remember we are taking this from the press, who has superior information on aviation. To the press, "shortly after takeoff" can be anything from Vr to final approach 2000 miles away!

crosscut said:
On the bright side, he lived through the mishap to tell about it in the interview, unlike many before him (re: DAL 191). BTW, "we face reality" every day. Fly safe.

Oh the irony....
We have more threads about how easy and brainless our jobs are...how we deserve that $16,000 a year pay...how we are lucky to have a job and should appreciate the paycuts...
then thunderstorm season comes along and we hear a different tone. I LOVE IT!!!

Einstein said:
I hope this clown is not still flying for you guys.

Actually, he's dead.

Retired at 60 and died two years later.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back