• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LightFlight Mach 1 Headset

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bought them a few weeks ago, if you don't mind having the plugs in your ears, they work great. Super light, nothing going over the top of your head, good sound quality, and you can plug in your mp3 player and it will cut out the music when atc is transmitting. I am going to get the custom ear molds, I heard they are even better with those. They are so light I took off the ear clamp and the part with the boom mic still stays in my ear without any support.

How are they re: noise attenuation? I've got a really noisy experimental airplane I fly for fun. Sure would be nice to ditch my traditional headset.

Ive had mine for over a year now and I can't say that I hate them. They make for a quiet ride and there is absolutely no head clamping going on. It is weird to have something stuck in your ear and can get bothersome after 2 or 3 hours. In my case the right ear piece has a tendency to work its way out. The audio plug in feature is great also. The one major complaint I have is that unlike a regular headset you can't just plug it in and stick it on. Mine ends up like a ball of christmas lights and takes some time to sort out before every flight. I think the newer models have some sort of packaging that helps with this. Based on what I've tried and heard I think my next will be the Bose. But that wont be for a while.

Josh

Cool, thanks!

Think I'll wait till they're a little less than $500 a pop, though

The newer ones have a way better small zip case that is soft and has a spot for all the pieces so they don't end up all balled up... as for noise attenuation, I haven't used them in a piston yet, but at 290 knots indicated in the citation, I can listen to my mp3 player at a lower volume than I usually listen to it just sitting in my house.

I use them every day while flight instructing in 172s. A few days ago I went flying with my old Sigtronics headset, and I couldn't get over how noisy it was compared to my Mach 1. The Mach 1 is pretty good in my book, and Lightspeed customer support is awesome.

Latest resources

Back