• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Light weight headsets??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone compared the specs on the Lightspeed Mach1 to the specs on the clarity aloft? Just curious to see which headset wins on paper. I am also debating the Mach1 and the Clarity Aloft. My only concearn is the the MAch1 is unproven and I am unable to find anyone who has actually used it.

Last edited:
if anyone has info on the mach 1 i'd be interested to hear. Tried on both at OSH, and the lightspeed just felt chinsy (sp?) and didnt block sound as well..... maybe I just didnt have a clue about how it should go on....who knows.....

U-I-pilot, you mentiond that you have used the Bose headsets before.
People give those usually top marks. Would you say that these Clarity Alofts are better than the bose headsets? If someone were to give you the bose headsets as a gift, would you go back to them? or would you definately stick with the Clarity Alofts in both loud propeler engines AND jet engines? Why?

thanks

Last edited:
Alin10123 said:
U-I-pilot, you mentiond that you have used the Bose headsets before.
People give those usually top marks. Would you say that these Clarity Alofts are better than the bose headsets? If someone were to give you the bose headsets as a gift, would you go back to them? or would you definately stick with the Clarity Alofts in both loud propeler engines AND jet engines? Why?

thanks

don't know about U-I, but I'd find some sucker to buy the Bose and keep my Clarities. My ears are very senstive to electric shocks at V1 (don't ask me how I know) :(

Fly safe!

David

I dont know how they would fare in jets but as far as props, im quite content with the clarity alofts over Bose.... Bose and lightspeed are probably the most comfortable muff type headsets I've worn but the fact that you have hardly anything on your head is unparalleled. I like the Clarity aloft and plan to use through both props and future jets I fly....
thats besides the fact that I could buy 2 Clarity aloft headsets for the cost of one Bose....Save your money and be more comfortable...

U-I pilot said:
I dont know how they would fare in jets but as far as props, im quite content with the clarity alofts over Bose.... Bose and lightspeed are probably the most comfortable muff type headsets I've worn but the fact that you have hardly anything on your head is unparalleled. I like the Clarity aloft and plan to use through both props and future jets I fly....
thats besides the fact that I could buy 2 Clarity aloft headsets for the cost of one Bose....Save your money and be more comfortable...

Ok... in props you would prefer the clarity alofts. You meantion becuase of comfort. How about noise wise? Between the bose and the Clarity Aloft's , which would you say are quieter in props?

Also... you said you weren't able to compare between both jets and props when it comes to Bose and Clairt Alofts, but the Clarity Alofts still work great in jets right? As far as cutting out windnoise and engine noise?

Sorry for all of the questions, just new at all of this.
thanks

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back