Life Insurance For Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AJL5236

Looking into getting life insurance, what companies are out there for those that are pilots? Thanks in advance.

Looking into getting life insurance, what companies are out there for those that are pilots? Thanks in advance.

My life insurance is through the company my home and vehicle insurance is with. I think once you start checking around, you'll find it's readily available.

I have a 7 figure life insurance with Minnesota Life, as well as a good policy for my wife. They were good to work with.

I used The Hartford. They really only care if you still fly a lot of GA, or instruct GA. Being an airline pilot makes no difference. Your rates are much more dependent on your age, and medical exam, during which they draw blood for a blood chemistry test.

+1 for Minnesota Life (through AOPA). If you want a policy with a rider for GA flying, I found them to be the least expensive (even beat USAA, which surprised me)

Try USAA if you have any military connections either from your own service or a relative's. Prices are impressive for all insurance.

Also, so long as you only fly airline it won't matter to any life insurance company any more than if you were a truck driver. Just for the love of common sense buy term only. Whole is a sucker bet.

Latest resources

Back