Life at SATSAIR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATADSIP

I was wanting some new information on SATSAIR if anyone has any. I know there has been several negative and positive post on them last year but I am considering applying to them and wanted an inside scoope.

Before someone blast me why "I would want a bunch of single time" just realize its my decission.

Thanks for any information.

I've been here a year and a half. I like it. Best part is I got hired right into my home town. About 80% of the pilots seem to like it. You will always find a few that complain no matter where you go, but we are treated very well by the company.

Schedule is 4 on 3 off; some of the out-based pilots end up tag-teaming 4 on 4 off. Overall average about 2-3 nights a week in a hotel. Some days are long and 5-6 legs, but you get some easy days to make up for it.

Product is very popular with the customers and the company has had steady growth just by word of mouth with very little to no advertising. We could probably be further along than we are if the economy wasn't stumbling, but business is brisk and self-sustaining. Currently flying 26 SR-22s.

Hiring is to the location that's open. You can get hired somewhere and then bid for an opening elsewhere later, but no forced moves.

Average hire has anywhere from 3-20,000 hours. (Alot of ex military/airline.) I only know of one who was hired with less than 3,000, although there may be others -- (he had 1000 Cirrus time).

There are supposed to be classes in April, June and Sept with about 4-6 slots each. As far as I know they're currently interviewing.

Good luck!

I was wanting some new information on SATSAIR if anyone has any. I know there has been several negative and positive post on them last year but I am considering applying to them and wanted an inside scoope.

Before someone blast me why "I would want a bunch of single time" just realize its my decission.

Thanks for any information.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back