Life At ExpressJet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Papa Smurf

Any ExpressJet pilots here? Just curious as to the pros and cons of a job there. How do you like your schedule? Is there an average trip length (as in number of days on the road per trip) or does it vary all over the board? How's reserve life? Upgrade time? Is CLE still the junior base? I live in Toledo so CLE would be ideal since I wouldn't have to move. Can I count on getting CLE? Any and all input is appreciated!

I sense an impending interview as they called and requested an updated resume the other day.

Papa Smurf said:
Any ExpressJet pilots here?
pretty much all of them.

I'm pretty sure EWR is most junior, and CLE is most senior. But don't quote me on that...

Do yourself a favor and click Search in the menubar near the top, and search for expressjet or express jet.

There are tons of threads with everything you ever wanted to know about them.

And check out the "Regionals" forum for where all the RJ guys hang out.

Greg is right, CLE is very senior and only getting worse (Base shrinking, ever heard of shrinkage).

Life here is very good, reserve is running long right now, especially IAH. The schedules are good and if youhold aline trip trading is great. I can hold or trade whatever day off I need every month.
Upgrade.....who knows, I've been here just over a year and if I'mlucky I'll upgrade in 3.

ExpressJet

Flechas said:
Greg is right, CLE is very senior and only getting worse (Base shrinking, ever heard of shrinkage).

Life here is very good, reserve is running long right now, especially IAH. The schedules are good and if youhold aline trip trading is great. I can hold or trade whatever day off I need every month.
Upgrade.....who knows, I've been here just over a year and if I'mlucky I'll upgrade in 3.
Life of a Regional jet jockey!

Latest resources

Back