Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bavarian Chef

Registered jetBluser
After only 5 months, LIDO is outta here. Didn't work so well. WOW. Didn't we get an email about how much it saved us and the contract we had signed with Looooftansa?

This was surprising.

After only 5 months, LIDO is outta here. Didn't work so well. WOW. Didn't we get an email about how much it saved us and the contract we had signed with Looooftansa?

This was surprising.

Looks like JB is living up to its number one core value, safety. At least in this case.

The LIDO charts were very confusing and I found myself asking ATC about certain radials when told to "hold as published". It was only a matter of time until someone missed an altitude or some other screw up due to the German charts.

Can't wait for the return of the Jepps!

GP

Agreed. We shouldn't try to save money when safety is concerned. But the only ones I didn't like were the arrivals. Confusing as can be.

Paper. We were supposed to eventually get the EFB. I've heard that LIDO works well electronically and not so well in the paper version. I tried using the eRoute program on the laptap with mixed results. The enroute charting on the laptap was decent, but it was a pain to setup. Overall, I'm glad we're going back to Jepps, EFB or not.

I was getting used to the Lidos. I didn't think they were all that bad - just my opinion. Of course, I just got used to Jepps from mil charts when we switched anyway. How about we pick a format and stick with it. Whichever one weighs less is fine with me.

Thank god!!! At least the online test should be a bit easier this time around!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back