LH says CSeries has better fuel burn/pax than A-380

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the C-series performs that well- I bet southwest will pick them up-
there are a LOT of markets in the US that we'd love to serve but the 73 is just a bit too much.

I would not doubt it...Boeing is not the quality product it used to be as SWA is finding out the hard way. The 300's are a disaster and bear testament to the great American downfall of quality in manufacturing. Too bad they cant make planes like the venerable DC-9 anymore. It used to be "worth it" to spend the extra money to have an aircraft that will last for years...how is a Boeing any better than a plastic piece of junk that falls apart in roughly the same amount of time?

This is a lot of speculation on an airplane that has not yet been built, let alone flown, using an engine that at this point hasn't been proven.

Exactly- a long way to go- but I do think there are airlines out there waiting to see if they can deliver

When is the last time a new mainline fleet type was introduced? Has there been one since the 50 seat regional jet was outsourced?

Good thing it will go to mainline pilots!!!

If history is any relevance to the future, then probably not.

Scope is not free, and it seems managemnt is willing to pay for it, are mainline pilots willing to?

How much can you afford?

Again, scope is not free........

Am I the only one here who can read sarcasm???

That scope actually is free. At least, it won't "cost" anything "out of pocket" to get those planes on the mainline, because (so far) if the company wants them, they HAVE TO BE operated there.

However that doesn't mean the company won't try and brive 50.1% to sell out the other 49.9% (and everyone who follows forever and ever) for a cookie. Odds are that will be attempted and mainline groups will have to turn down significant amounts of money in one form or another.

In any case, per person fuel burn is only relative among similar classes of market driven plane sizes. If the C Series is a bit more efficient than the 380 fuel wise, there won't be one instance ever where a 380 was going to be used, but the C Series's numbers tipped the scales in it's favor. Apples and almonds comparison.

Latest resources

Back