Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I_Love_Lamp

Kill a man with a trident
So I'm sick of the cold, and living in a crashpad... I am LGA based (and luckily enough, I'm on reserve to boot!) but I need to get somewhere warmer.

What locations can I possibly live in where:
1) Cost of living is cheap enough to live off of, but it is a city (requires 2 of 3: baseball, football and hockey teams)
2) The weather does not get so damn cold
3) The women are attractive
4) The liquor laws are tolerable.
5) The commute is fairly reasonable.

Unfortunately, the best solution I can come up with is PHX, which clearly does not meet the requirements for a reasonable commute (though that's only conjecture...)

Anyone got any other ideas? The womens were nice in CLT, the wx wasn't bad, but the city had a little too much of a small town feeling for me...

with all those requirements the only place I can think of is in Mexico.

you can drink coronas or tequila all day long 24/7
cost of living is cheap
Ok senoritas
great weather
no laws what so ever
the commute could be a pain

Last edited:
quickly......

MCO
DFW
TPA
IAH
BNA
ATL

for a longer commute
LAX
LAS
PHX

You're nuts man....

Bid out of NYC. Commuting sucks....

You need to get a new job. That said...

RDU...no pro teams but CLT is close and you've got three major colleges in Duke, UNC and NC State. CLT is another good option.

I had 9 flights a day between IND and PHL when I was commuting and that still sucked. You're not going to find any major city on the east coast with a reasonable cost of living. That leaves you with Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Cincinnati, and Nashville to be within a reasonable distance of LGA.

I live in the 'hood, walk to LGA, and carry a .380.

I can go to ASStoria for the nice womens.

Forget Florida, they just raised my home owners insurance again. It's not as cheap as it used to be unfortanately. Time to sell and move to the Carolina's I say.

You think LGA is cold? I grew up 20 minutes away from there. I just got based in ORD about a week ago. Since i've been here I havn't seen the temp above 22, except for last night which was 30 (wierd). Avg temp at night is about 8-10F. Lets not forget my 3/4 mile walk to the EL (Train to ORD) at 0530 when it was -4F without the windchill. Oh the things I do to fly a shiney jet.....

I am counting the days till I can have palm trees and ocean breezes in my front yard. Hang in there man, when there is a will there's a way. Screw the winters... Its all about the Endless Summers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back