Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UALjan15

Uniform Swapper
I am wondering if anyone out there has an accurate list of airlines hiring which require a letter of resignation before they will hire a furloughee. I believe that SWA requires this, but am not sure of any others.

Thanks!

Jbu

UALjan15 said:
I am wondering if anyone out there has an accurate list of airlines hiring which require a letter of resignation before they will hire a furloughee. I believe that SWA requires this, but am not sure of any others.

Thanks!
Jetblue does not require a letter of resignation but they do have some form of no compete contract. I think it is for two years and only refers to your most recent or current employer. Ask some of the more recent new hires for details. I just know the basics, it wasn't around when I hired on. (1999).

Good luck

You can probably work something out with your CP to get it thrown in the garbage; I think there's lots more of this going on than most people think.

Aloha requires it.

Rumor is the airline that you're furloughed from will still call you back to see if you still want to resign or not. If you want to come back, they'll take you back. If not, they will resign you.

Makes sense since they spent all that money on you...

dash8driver said:
Aloha requires it.

Rumor is the airline that you're furloughed from will still call you back to see if you still want to resign or not. If you want to come back, they'll take you back. If not, they will resign you.

Makes sense since they spent all that money on you...

Aloha requires what? They require you to give up your number wherever you were furloughed?

That goes against what I've heard. They've hired some UAL furloughees and even some from HAL. Word is that they'll ask you to drop your number but won't make you do it.

RJP said:
Aloha requires what? They require you to give up your number wherever you were furloughed?

That goes against what I've heard. They've hired some UAL furloughees and even some from HAL. Word is that they'll ask you to drop your number but won't make you do it.
Yes Aloha requires it.

In the past they havent required it. Starting with the class from August 2003, they have required that by the time your 1 year is up, you submit a letter of resignation and give them a copy too.

I've heard about this type of thing from a couple of buddies that are furloughed from different airlines...and according to them, they were told(by either the CP or somebody on the same level) that while you are furloughed, you are not an employee, therefore you can't resign your seniority number. You can send in a letter stating that you want to resign it, but it won't officially happen until(if) they recall you, and you resign it at that time. Take it for what it's worth.

If a furloughee submits a letter of resignation to NWA he will be processed out immediately. ALPA has issued several warnings to NWA furloughees to contact them immediately if they are faced with a resignation letter issue.

Latest resources

Back