• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

letters of resigination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank them for the experience, why you are leaving (lie if need be) and wish them luck.

It's best not to burn any bridges on the small island called aviation. You never know who you may meet up with in a few years, especially at an interview or checkride.

Leave on good terms, poor references can sink a future job opportunity.

dont forget to include the date that your resignation will be effective (last day). make sure to give them at least 2 weeks (4 is better) advanced notice.

Dear Mr. Wonka,

I am writing to tender my resignation as head Oompa Loompa. My last day will be September 1st, 2005. <insert reason if desired, but keep it short and tactful>

I enjoyed working for you and the chocolate factory. The experience I gained is invaluable.

If you have any questions or require assistance in the transition, please call me at (800) 555-1212.

Sincerely,

George Loompa

Last edited:
last call said:
What needs to go into a letter of resigination?

Too whoom it may consern

I got a new job with another place that flys airplanes and they pay better. Thanks for the oppertunity to fly with you. I was lernt a whole bunch with your companies.

Sinserely, *Insert your name here*

Throw in a "dude" or two in the resig letter to seal the recommendation from the old company. Professional pilots apparently use the word "dude" a lot so you might as well throw a few of them in a cover (or resignation) letter.

If I was a completely overpaid asshole that ran an airline, I'd hire you.

I'd pay you sh!t wages also. And laugh my ass all the way to the bank.

Thanks to the f*ckhead corporate assholes who make our jobs great!!!

Enjoy your bonuses.

Last edited:
Why would any regional pilot want to reisgn? Don't all of you fly nice, big, shiny jets and make a big paycheck after the first year?

Latest resources

Back