Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

El Duderino

Jet Aircraft Pilot
I former part 91 employer of mine that I worked for for about 6 months has told me to write up a letter of recomendation and he will sign it, provided the info is correct of course. Does anyone have a letter(without names)that I can reveiw. I am just trying to get a feel for what applicants are admiting.
I will be getting a lear type soon, and hope to start applying for lear FO positions. So far I have letters from: a good friend, former employer, and a former employee that I have flown with who can attest for my ability and judgement.
When looking for a job, how many letters are usually sent out, and from whom are they from. I will be grateful for any help. I tried searching the database and wasn't able to find much.

thank you
dude

Short and simple. Include when you worked and for how long, job duties and maybe a short blib about your safety record if it is true.

Short is the key. One page MAX, 2-3 short paragraphs and simple and to the point.

If you go into detail, a potential interviewer might recognize that you wrote it and ask you if you did. Be prepared to explain whatever YOU put in the letter if this comes up. This is the reason for keeping it short.

Good luck.

LORs

I've always believed in getting a letter of recommendation as you leave an employer. That plus any salary documentation you can offer should offset any desire of a recruiter to call to verify your employment. Sometimes, an H.R. person can call and reach the wrong person in a company, someone who didn't like you and might badmouth you. That's been known to happen, although companies are cautioned only to verify dates of employment and salary to reference checkers.

All the stuff that Aero99 mentioned should be included. I see nothing wrong with including a sentence at the end of the letter in which the employer states that he/she is pleased to give you a good recommendation.

Hope that helps some more.

Latest resources

Back