Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL510GV

Junior Birdman
Poolies got a letter yesterday... dated Feb 27... postmarked Mar 02.

To quote a friend of mine, Rhino, who aptly said in another Alaska thread, "no news, is... no news".

The only useful information was, "be assured your job offers are still valid."

Looks like it won't be for a while. Another quote from Rhino, "just keep swimming" (from Nemo).

Good News

This is good news. They wouldn't send out a letter unless they were at least thinking about hiring... I bet that they will decide to have a class at the drop of a hat, and they want to make sure that the poolies are still available.
Does anyone know how many are still swimming? I've heard 20 to 40?
Keep doing the back stroke fellas - the end of the pool might be coming into view.
AK737FO

letter

I didn't get anything from Alaska in my mailbox today...maybe tomorrow.

Rhino, it'll eventually get there... after all, mail gets up to the Islands by sea kayak, so it stands to reason that it would take an extra day or two. Mine arrived the day after it was mailed, so I expect the others to take a bit longer.

AK... email traffic from HR to poolies indicates 23, but "inquiring minds" put the number at 30-35.

got it

Upon further investigation, the letter has arrived. It's nice to hear from HR even if it's only to acknowledge my existance. At least this time instead of signing the letter with "regards" the crack writers at Alaska decided to upgrade to "best wishes".

Rhino,
Keep the faith, brother. I really don't think they meant "Best Wishes" to be negative, I mean they could have said "Good Luck!!" By the way, our buddy LC from pilot training says hello.
BobbyB

Latest resources

Back