Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Detroitpilot22

I know somehow they probably have someone who reads this site, so here it goes:

I can't believe how stubborn and how stupid you guys really are. We are not asking to be the highest paid regional pilots in the industry, we are simply asking for what we believe is fair work rules and pay that we can live comfortably on. To offer a contract to us that has hardly any improvements, but more importantly, a contract that would again leave us at the bottom of the list in 3 years is a big insult on pilots that you constantly say are "simply the best". What does scheduling have to do with cost?? Wouldn't having better scheduling rules actually improve your cost? Wouldn't not having to pay extra to junior man and extend and constantly retrain your pilots improve your cost? I bet it would, but you don't think that way because you are just plain stubborn. Don't you idiots realize that all we have to do is sign a fair contract that is inline with the rest of the industry and we will secure NWA flying and possibly gain flying with Delta?
Do you morons realize that you would not have to hire so many people to cover attrition if you just paid us better?
Do you really think NWA is going to pull all of our airplanes just becuase you pay your captains and fo's a little more?
If we end up striking and losing flying, it will be YOUR fault Management, not your pilots, flight attendants, gate agents, and ramp workers. To us, you are "simply the worst". I would rather have Go jet and mesa win all of our flying, then us or Mesaba signing these pathetic attempts of a contract.

Come Back to the table and talk.

Why don't you come to Detroit and we will show you how a contract is settled.

Detroitpilot22 said:
I know somehow they probably have someone who reads this site, so here it goes:

I can't believe how stubborn and how stupid you guys really are. We are not asking to be the highest paid regional pilots in the industry, we are simply asking for what we believe is fair work rules and pay that we can live comfortably on. To offer a contract to us that has hardly any improvements, but more importantly, a contract that would again leave us at the bottom of the list in 3 years is a big insult on pilots that you constantly say are "simply the best". What does scheduling have to do with cost?? Wouldn't having better scheduling rules actually improve your cost? Wouldn't not having to pay extra to junior man and extend and constantly retrain your pilots improve your cost? I bet it would, but you don't think that way because you are just plain stubborn. Don't you idiots realize that all we have to do is sign a fair contract that is inline with the rest of the industry and we will secure NWA flying and possibly gain flying with Delta?
Do you morons realize that you would not have to hire so many people to cover attrition if you just paid us better?
Do you really think NWA is going to pull all of our airplanes just becuase you pay your captains and fo's a little more?
If we end up striking and losing flying, it will be YOUR fault Management, not your pilots, flight attendants, gate agents, and ramp workers. To us, you are "simply the worst". I would rather have Go jet and mesa win all of our flying, then us or Mesaba signing these pathetic attempts of a contract.

Come Back to the table and talk.

Why don't you come to Detroit and we will show you how a contract is settled.

Scheduling rules is one of the biggest costs of any pilot contract. To a certain point, it's actually cheaper to junior man existing crews than hire additional ones.

Management knows exactly what its doing...they'd probably laugh at the fact that you took the time to write that. Regardless, good luck...

Detroitpilot22 said:
ah, once again flight info becomes a site where people just end up bashing one another.

Not bashing, just giving you an opinion. I didn't say you were an idiot for writing it did I? It's obvious you are frustrated with your management...I'm quite sure your not alone. Those pricks over in redtail land are going to keep going right along with their well rehearsed "soap opera" regardless of how much money it costs them or how much sense it doesn't make. It just sucks they've been dragging this out for as long as they have...staying sane at work must be a full time job in itself.

Late.

Way Off

DetroitPilot22,

PLEASE stop whining in public like this. You're embarassing everyone at PCL and not helping our cause.

But I did like how you are confident enough to take down Uncle Phil in cat fight! :rolleyes:

Detroitpilot22 said:
I can't believe how stubborn and how stupid you guys really are.

Yeah, that will win them over.

Latest resources

Back